What Kind of Flogger Do You Use?

Martello

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Martello

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

MoP - Very nice choice, and thank you for the pic. I can't quite make out what the real design is..... braided strands?... can't see the ends. Whatever.. looks nice.

Martello -

After my first flogger, I had much the same opinion, but someone told me to wait, and get to know my first one really well...... Some of the best advice I've ever gotten.

The one you have is a classic. It can be used so many different ways, and it will probably always be on your short list for weekends. The number of strands is lower which means it needs a more experienced hand. I personally think the "beginner" model is more versatile and is even more of a classic. I bought that one first and it is still my favorite. It has more strands, so it can carry a fuller, lighter touch for warm-up, then continue on to heavier uses. Lesser, heavier strands mark faster and require more care. The area of impact is smaller also.

I don't know how long you've been at this, but if the one you have is a little disappointing, you might want to consider the beginner flogger. You may like it better (don't let the beginner thing sway you.... it's a really good one).

So aside from passing along that first advice, I would suggest that before you move to other, leather or suede floggers you may want to consider a rubber one. The softer floggers just don't get that much use with me since I can use the first one more lightly if I want a softer touch.
Rubber is different. The strands are very thin and can feel very soft, or very hard depending on how you swing, and which part of the flogger hits your sub. They are also less expensive. I have a short one and a long one. One of them always makes the trip (behind number one). I use the short one for tit and pussy whipping (requires a very understanding touch..... they can really hurt).

Like I said, my first is my favorite. Almost just like yours. It carries the right threat, but can be used lightly. It can make an easy thud or a hard one and the tips can really sting if you swing it right.

Please remember that when you aim it, the areas you are hitting are often very close to areas that you don't want to hit with the same force. A womans genital orifice areas are much more sensitive and the tissue is completely different. You hit her there the wrong way.... and she'll think twice about coming back after you release her. It really hurts.

Sebastian made a comment in another thread that should be repeated here.
"Whatever you're going to do to your sub - you better try on yourself first."

I've seen some of the more imaginative floggers that are available, the principle definitely applies here.

Buy them one at a time. You will accumulate so much stuff that any other choice will seem silly after a few years..... and each one has it's own personality, needing you to spend time with it to really understand. Both the flogger, and your sub deserve that.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Sate_Sprie

We just use a belt. It makes a good collar and lead as well, since I'm not collared yet, and the collar I'm getting isn't a play-time one.

I would like Master to eventually get a flogger, but I have a feeling I would really miss the belt. It was the first thing we ever used. I'm very partial to it, almost like a security blanket I had as a kid.

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

I personally think the "beginner" model is more versatile and is even more of a classic. I bought that one first and it is still my favorite.
Would you be able to show me an example of what would be considered a beginner's flogger?

Lesser, heavier strands mark faster and require more care. The area of impact is smaller also.
This is actually what I am interested in, I will definitely continue to use my current flogger but I am also looking for exactly this; a smaller more concentrated point of contact.

you may want to consider a rubber one.
I actually have two rubber floggers, I can't stand them. Once in a while I'll pull one out for difference in sensation - maybe involving some blind folded play. But beyond that they see very little use at all.

Please remember that when you aim it, the areas you are hitting are often very close to areas that you don't want to hit with the same force. A womans genital orifice areas are much more sensitive and the tissue is completely different. You hit her there the wrong way.... and she'll think twice about coming back after you release her. It really hurts.

Sebastian made a comment in another thread that should be repeated here.
"Whatever you're going to do to your sub - you better try on yourself first."
I've been active as a Dom for a little more then 5 years now, I've gotten a pretty fair hand with the flogger, so no worries. Also, I'm a Medical Professional - I've had the variance of tissues and sensitivities there in brown beaten into me. Believe it or not it's actually more of an asset in other fields I'm involved with rather then medical. Also, yes, I try everything out on myself first beyond the fact that I can not stick my own dick in my own ass. It's something I am obsessive over to the nth degree , where I don't even feed my dog or cat something unless I have tried it first. I've returned many-o-dog treat btw.

L8NightQ, thanks a lot for the advice and the time involved getting it all out there.

We just use a belt. It makes a good collar and lead as well, since I'm not collared yet, and the collar I'm getting isn't a play-time one.
Shit I hear ya. Did you miss my avatar? A belt was my very first use of gear ever and it's still my go to. I'm wearing that belt there right now. If I might recommend a D ring belt, it's a lot better and safer because the belt slides though much better and more easily and there is no chance of getting jammed in the neck with a straight piece of metal from the buckle.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

Martello -

Thanks for the feedback. Now I know who I'm talking to.

Here is the one I was describing. When I got it, I don't think it was listed the way it is now(beginner). Been quite a few years and It's still in great shape once I learned to clean it. If it is the same one, don't use it on someone who's had baby oil put on them. The color will start to run. This will stop after a few cleanings with saddlle soap, and some mink oil.

This one, at the same site, is almost (may very well be) the same as my first and favorite one.

http://www.extremerestraints.com/floggers-and-whips_159/strict-leather-beginner-flogger_1112.html

That was almost 15 years ago and it's still on the top of my list. I'm surprised about your reaction to the rubber floggers. You can't use them the same way as leather but the short one is number two for me (for the small spots).

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

It's funny, I actually went with a rubber flogger. My girl and I went shop hopping in Manhattan yesterday and found one we had liked. This one is a lot dif then the rubber ones I already have, it's style is almost exactly that of my current leather one and it weight s a ton.

I had myself with it and thought that this might be more then she is looking for but she said it was perfect lol. I also picked up a 36" rubberized spreader that had center marks for suspention.

Cheers everyone for the advice! I'll get picks up as soon as I can.

Fileboom Premium Account