What is your gender and position?

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by 9onthedime, Feb 8, 2010.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
?

What is your gender and position? :)

1. Female Domme

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. Female sub

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Female switch

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Male Dom

21 vote(s)
    28.8%
  5. Male Sub

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Male Switch

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  7. Other Dom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other sub

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Other switch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 9onthedime

9onthedime New Member

If you don't consider yourself male or female just choose other. Thank you!!

2. Is there a reason you're asking this?

3. 9onthedime

9onthedime New Member

I'm just wondering whether it's true that subs outnumber doms and males outnumber females.

4. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Bitchy Jones argues that there are an equal number of subs and doms, largely because there isn't a clear reason why there should be more subs than doms. She feels that the reason there appear to be more subs is that many dom women are discouraged from viewing themselves as doms because the traditional images of femdom are so artificial and broken that they discourage women from seeing themselves as doms.

5. subspace

subspace Member

I have read that the most common role in the BDSM community is that of male subs but that doesn't seem to ring true on this site at least. My guess is that men that seek a submissive outlet may need to venture out of their bedrooms more so than female's with the same tenancies and therefore show a greater presence in the community.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  6. I'm sorry, I reread my response and I apologize- I had no intention of sounding so rude, I just meant to ask what you were curious about and perhaps lead you to another thread if you had a specific question in mind :)

7. Death

Death Member

Bitchy Jones? Who's that?

That sounds a bit out of logic. Shouldn't it work the other way around, as well? With seemingly fewer sub males, due to labels on how males also should be? That should even things out, in that regard, then. That laid aside, though, males and females compared, I have absolutely no reason to believe that there could be anything but many more submissive females than there are submissive males. Almost every culture for thousands of years has shown this. It's just how humans are.

Having said that... I would think that subs outnumber doms because it's easier being submissive than dominant. Of course, it may be difficult in its own way, as well, but still... submitting is just easier.

(By the way, for the information of the original poster... I'm male, dominant.)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. master jey

master jey Moderator

i think thet subs outnumber doms and thet male doms outnumber femdoms

i'm male dom as well

9. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Bitchy Jones Diary is a blog by a rather outspoken femdom. She has a lot to say about women being in charge and tends to attack stereotypes about female dominance. She hates prodoms generally. And she's really funny about it.

10. kittengrey

kittengrey Member

where'd 3 female doms come from? I never see them post on the site (or, at least, not often) o-o;

11. My master and I switch roles on the odd occasion, but I chose 'female sub' because we don't do an awful lot of switching, and because I love being the sub :D

12. master jey

master jey Moderator

well we do switching as well but i'm even when i'm sub dominating so i chose male dom

13. kittengrey

kittengrey Member

I'm dominant and submissive, but me and Master never switch (he'd probably beat me hard if I tried doming him) so I had to put female sub. Really hope that one day I can have my own pet though

14. Zandar

Zandar Member

I voted "Male Dom".
    Reason that I am posting this is because my "Profile" states "Role: Curious", which is an on purpose wrongly answered question. I think my role in life should be to be curious about what life has to offer, but I do so in a dominant position :p

15. WmaGuy

WmaGuy Member

Male - Dom. In my younger experimental days, I tried the whole switch deal and it wasn't for me...I'm always of a fluid mind, so I guess for the right person, or the right scenario, but at this very moment, I am what I am... ;)

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM