Water Bondage

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I'd say you're a lucky guy, but what kind of water bondage?

Some like having water dumped on them, sprayed in the face while abused or fucked, shower massage or stream clit stimulation, dunking or constantly being verbally threatened with dunking or drowning unless they service you properly and constantly.

Dim the lights, have a drink or something, and just talk about it. The rest will come to you.

Water carries very different safety rules, so be cautious with anything involving that kind of play. At the very least, learn and practice a tap system (usually patterns of three) or object release to signify the need to break the scene immediately.
Also, don't use posture collars or pretty much anything that will restrict your sub from using her neck to get above water.
If you use a collar, attach in front, not behind.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

Very good suggestions, L8. Anything where a risk of drowning or asphyxiation exists is definitely edge play and needs careful thought before being put into practice. One good guideline I like is to use one more safety precaution than you think will be necessary. Ask yourself what the sub will do if the Dom somehow becomes incapacitated during play (and such things do happen--I've heard of doms having heart attacks, fainting from heat, getting too drunk and passing out, tripping and having an accident and so on. I've even heard to earthquakes and house fires happening during a scene.) The sub absolutely has to be able to release herself or get help from a third party if an ER arises. Also, if you're going to be doing scenes where the dub might get water in her lungs, thr Dom needs to know and have practiced appropriate first aid techniques. And he needs to know what the actual symptoms of drowning look like; drowning looks nothing like it does in the movies--no shouting for help, no failing arms.

My advice is to talk with the sub about what turns her on about water play. What do her fantasies look like? Does she like the physical feeling of water on her body, or is it the psychological feeling that she could drown? Understanding what turns her on about water will help you craft scenes that hit those buttons. Maybe she just wants sex in the shower. Maybe she wants a humiliating scene in which you use a garden hose on her (like those prison scenes in movies). Maybe she wants to have you put her head in the toilet. Maybe she wants you to threaten to drown her but not actually play it out. And remember, some fantasies are too dangerous to actually play out, or too dangerous at your current skill level.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

I learned that lesson early. I was subbing for my bondage mentor. He had me hogtied, stepped over me, and tripped. He stumbled but caught himself, so no harm was done, bur I immediately started thinking about what I would have done if he had brained himself on the coffee table and been knocked out.

Read Steven King's _Gerald's Game_ if you want to really look at what can happen in a worst case scenario of this sort. The whole novel is a woman stuck in exactly that situation.

I think this is a particularly important issue in any scene where the sub's breathing is restricted. The dub can die in just a minute or two, so even a temporary incapacitation of the dom could be potentially fatal.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: