Video games!

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I searched and couldn't find a video game thread. Thought we may need one. Not sure how many of you play though. I'm a huge gamer. Even though the PS3 is the better system, I have an xbox 360. I mainly play call of duty online, but I've had to drown myself in other games recently. Gears of war2 is the latest culprit. I have had the game a year, but just recently started to play it.

My gamerscore is 11,215. Its low because for the better part of 2 years all I really did was play call of duty. I kept a 1.52kdr on world at war (up from 0.77 since I learned to play on that one) and a 1.72kdr on modern warfare 2. All I play is team deathmatch. I have lost all my friends so I don't play call of duty much anymore. Teamwork is my favorite part of it, but without anyone to team up with it seems a bit pointless.

What's systems do you own and what games do you play?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Sparrow69

i refuse to own a 360... ever. now when i can play 360 games on a computer that would cost me less to build, have better stats and no red ring of death to worry about. Sure, they'll fix your system, but not the game it destroys in the process... and then you have to pay to play online??? Sorry had to rant.

I have a ps3, i play a lot on online games with it (for free) but lately its been all about the Call of Duty: black ops, and assassins creed brotherhood.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Death

i refuse to own a 360... ever. now when i can play 360 games on a computer that would cost me less to build, have better stats and no red ring of death to worry about. Sure, they'll fix your system, but not the game it destroys in the process... and then you have to pay to play online???

Not to mention, it's also made by Microsoft. I hate that company. -_-; Aside from all the software theft they do from small companies, they now, again, are trying to stop the spread of Linux - currently it's about Android. Not trying to put down the mood of those enjoying some Xbox 360 games, though; just saying...

I haven't been playing games much, recently, but I still keep buying the good games for when I do feel like playing them, and I've been doing far better, the past two and a half years, and keep continuing to do better, so soon I will have a lot of games to enjoy. Currently, I'm playing a really great adventure game called Another Code: A Journey into Lost Memories, for the Wii. That game has not been released in the US, unfortunately, and now the company Cing, that is behind it, has gone bankrupt. -_- Almost always happens to the best developers. For my Nintendo DS, the next game I'm likely going to play will be the first game in the lawyer simulator series Phoenix Wright. I don't have a PS3, but I should be getting one, soon - I've already bought Tekken 6 for it, as I found the arcade stick package very cheap. I heard that you can play a Swedish guy in that version, too. :p I doubt he speaks Swedish, though...

Due to my severe lack of having played games, recently, I also have the MMO game Guild Wars, plus its two extra scenarios and the expansion, but I have not played it, yet, but it seems very nice. Generally, though, there are almost no PC games that I'd ever buy, nowadays - today, most PC games are loaded with malware such as SecuROM, require you to be connected to the Internet, constantly, despite it not being an Internet game - merely so the publishers can check up on you. If you lose your connection and keep playing, your save files may be deleted as a punishment (a method that Ubisoft and EA use). They sometimes require you to uninstall burning programs, and you seldom even get the whole game on the disc you bought - if it uses STEAM or Impulse, it requires you to register and download the rest from the net. You also seldom buy the PC games, anymore - if the game uses those mentioned "services", you pay the full price for it, but you still merely rent it - if you sell it, afterwards, the buyer will find that it's unplayable. It's amazing, they are acting even worse than the record industry did, and keep blaming piracy for the decline in sales - look where that brought that industry. The fact is that piracy hasn't gone anywhere, and it's only the paying customers that will be treated like in some 1984 society. -_-; Nowadays, if you want to get PC games, you have to do extensive reseach to make sure that they don't use this crap, and very few games are without at least some of this, today. Unfortunately, all this leads to that games without any of it will end up unnoticed - missed because those who don't tolerate this don't know what can actually be bought. Anyway... end of rant. Anyone knows of some list that is kept updated, of PC games without this? The only recent game I know, right now, is The Witcher.

I have many older systems, too... especially Game Boy systems - I enjoy portable games, even though I don't bring them with me. My favourite regular console is the Dreamcast. I have most good and semi-good games for it. Honestly, the Wii is great, too - it has far more good games for it than many realize. I'm currently looking quite forward to The Last Story, led by the creator of Final Fantasy, and with the music composed by ex-Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu. No word yet on a release outside of Japan, though... if that doesn't happen, it'd be a disgrace.

Anyone here who also loves Mario Party, by the way? They have to be my favourite kinds of games. A real shame that only one Mario Party has been released for the Wii, so far, though. -_- Mario Kart is very fun, too, of course... overall, though, my favourite kinds of games unquestionably are adventure games, that unfortunately aren't all that common, nowadays. Bishôjo games can be real nice, too, although they generally are a sort of adventure games, as well.

Damn this became long. Am in a rather talkative mood, it appears. I'll stop writing, now. :p

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

master jey

Just finished two worlds II on PC
I own Dragon Scale Armor
Armor Of Darkness
2 Avaquars 700 fire damage
Anathros
Luciendar
Elexorien
The Great Bow of Heavens Fury
Demonic Terror and Crawling Death Tower Shields
Sordahons Wrath and Sordahons Keep
Also weapon cut out of the game The Orphan
I'm good ^^
Also finished Fallout New Vegas I'm waiting for mods :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

Tumbl3

I have a ps2, a DS lite, and I play mostly PC games.
So games wise:
PS2: Silent Hill 2, Okami, Maximo vs The Army of Zin, Shadow of the Colossus, Jak & Daxter, Final Fantasy X (and X-2), The Legend of Dragoon, Kingdom Hearts, Wild Arms, and an Inuyasha fighter game for playstation.
DS Lite: Donkey Kong Country (1 & 2. I prefer them on the SNES, but this was the best I could do with what I had), Final Fantasy IV, and Pokemon SoulSilver.
PC: Dragon Age Origins, Unreal Tournament & Unreal Gold, Age of Empires II, Zoo Tycoon, and Spore.

I'm not "hardcore", I like COD but it's not my favorite thing. Puppy has an xbox360 and I like watching her play Bioshock and I play Fable III, but there really isn't any game I want to play on the 360 besides those and Ninja Gaiden II. I do want a ps3 though for Shadow of the Colossus' third game "The Last Guardian".

I wish I had a super nintendo :[ I miss it. So, I guess I would say I love video games and I am an avid gamer. I do want to try playing Fallout.

Fileboom Premium Account

Oh, I'm sorry. I must be in the wrong thread. I was looking for the thread about video games...

Microsoft is evil, they did this and that. I posted here thinking I could talk about video games and not all that boring piracy talk. Seriously, what industry hasn't gone all to shit?

I play video games to have fun. Just like politics and voting, I ignore that drama bullshit. It doesn't change anything or get anywhere talking about it.

Had to rant. Sorry. I've been drowning myself in xbox the past month since its the only time I get my mind off things.

I have an NES, dreamcast and xbox 360. Before you all hate me for having a 360 I didn't buy it. It was a christmas present from my mom. I did want a PS3, but this is what I got. I love my 360 to death. Barely played a PS3, but I want one. God of war isn't coming to 360 :-(

I lost my PS2, SNES, N64 and gamecube in the divorce. I won't miss the gamecube, but I will get all the other systems again. I love games, new or old. Final fantasy are awesome. The first on NES I have beaten 3 times. 7, 8, 9 and 10 are also great. I would love to beat 2-6, but haven't had time. I do have 5 and 6, but haven't played them yet.

I also love racing games. Grand turismo got me started, but Forza on xbox is what I'm stuck with. Great game though. I don't play it online because of road rage though. Haha

I will play almost any decent game though. I don't like sports games at all. They bore me just as much as watching them on tv. Lol

Fileboom Premium Account

Tumbl3

I play video games for fun too! That's kinda why I don't like COD because more often than not the people I play with are all about WINNING! and I just want to have fun. It's why I like playing with puppy, because it's just fun for her. Don't like playing with her dad at ALL because for him it's winning.

I like the wii sports with family but that's because it can be hilarious as hell.

I had a gamecube ONLY for Zelda: The Windwaker. Awesome game.

Fileboom Premium Account