Unwritten rules

Sally

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

i was at a BDSM gathering not too long ago, there were several couples there and i was with my Master. There was a discussion between two of the Dominant on a case i had an advice. i said what I meant, but soon noticed that this was not appropriate to say. i'm new to BDSM, so there are many unwritten rules. so you Dominant out there, what is okay for someone else's sub to do at a meeting and what is really not acceptable?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

Yeah, I would tend to agree with Smallest. Unless your club has specific rules about subs not speaking or only speaking to certain people or at certain times, there shouldn't be an issue. Some doms do have ideas that subs should not speak to them unless invited to, but personally I think it's appropriate for a sub to politely address a dom. But I suppose there might be some variation on this stuff--I don't have a ton of experience with clubs.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

I think another thing that might be relevant here is whether a particular dom views subs as inherently inferior or not. Some doms assert that all subs are inherently inferior to all doms and must therefore treat all doms with respect and deference at all times. Other BDSMers (myself included) think that subs and doms are equal until a particular sub agrees to submit to a particular dom, at which point the sub becomes inferior.

If you think all subs are inferior to all doms, it stands to reason that subs should be, at a minimum, extremely circumspect at a munch. If you think that subs are only inferior on a case-by-case basis, then subs have equal rights to doms at meetings, except where the terms of their submission to a specific dom are relevant.

Fileboom Premium Account

Smallest

On sebby's first post, there's often a rule that you're NOT everyone's dom or sub, and though subs should be respectful to everyone of course, they don't have to do what another dom says, or submit to them if they don't want to.

On his second post, I think it has more to do with the second part- whether you view subs as inferior. Without being told, you don't know if the dom thinks that. But even if you do, you can speak through your master, or be very contrite, or so on.

Fileboom Premium Account

Don_of_Iniquity

i was at a BDSM gathering not too long ago, there were several couples there and i was with my Master. There was a discussion between two of the Dominant on a case i had an advice. i said what I meant, but soon noticed that this was not appropriate to say. i'm new to BDSM, so there are many unwritten rules. so you Dominant out there, what is okay for someone else's sub to do at a meeting and what is really not acceptable?
-----------
Ask your Dom's permission to speak.

Fileboom Premium Account

Andre

It could also depend on the conversation. As in, were they speaking in general or were you butting in to something that was really just between them even though you were of course standing right there, know what I mean?

So, was the conversation something like this:

A- Wow, we're having great weather, isn't it nice out? I heard it was going to rain tomorrow though.

B- Really, I didn't hear that.

You- Channel 5 is reporting snow.

OR, was it more like this:

A- So, B, what do you think of the weather tomorrow?

YOU- I heard Channel 5 is reporting snow.

See the difference?

Fileboom Premium Account