The right ropes?

Discussion in 'Safety aspects of BDSM' started by OBX400, Jul 14, 2009.

1. OBX400

OBX400 New Member

I'm new to BDSM, so I would appreciate if you could tell me what kind of rope is the best to use, and direct me to some knot tying guide, so that I can tie my partner up without hurting her, leaving marks on her wrists etc...
    Thanks a lot...

2. francis_kitten

francis_kitten New Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/selfmadesailor

the above page had a great deal of videos showing how to tie various knots.

As for the type of rope, cotton is going to be the one most commonly recommended to you. Also the width should be around 3/8 inch or greater. Thinner ropes are not normally recommended for beginners.

3. Martello

Martello Member

Home Depot has a polyester cotton blend rope that is amazing.

4. sol

sol New Member

i personally like either 5/16" braided nylon with the core taken out or (1/4 or 3/8 depending on my mood and what im doing) hemp.

http://www.knottyboys.com/code/index.php - lots of amazing stuff, especially if you get creative.

5. Martello

Martello Member

Why is it during the Gasket Hitch vid, I can hear a monkey in a cage??? LoL

6. Naughty Neena

Naughty Neena Member

i went to a site called bound-to-please

The rope feels lovely and soft

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  7. Martello

Martello Member

I'm going to suggest that whoever can make it to a Home Depot do so and look into the ropes they have there - by and large for the price. It's much much less money then what I've seeb online for Bondage ropes and so on.

And it feels great, I almost tired up the woman behind me lol

8. Naughty Neena

Naughty Neena Member

im a creature that likes the best of both worlds - i like pain but i also like my pleasure - soft bondage rope is a must - the home depot stores ropes tend to really chaffe - may be im doing it wrong - any suggestions

xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  9. Martello

Martello Member

What's the rope made out of?

10. PeacefulFlowers

PeacefulFlowers New Member

I prefer using ropes that I've created out of my own hair, pubic hair and scalp hair. I feel that it increases the pleasure as it feels like I am causing the torture and humiliation, not my partner.

11. PETA_Cat_Lover

PETA_Cat_Lover New Member

I like ropes, but last time I used them I got these horrific capillary bursts around my nipples and genitals. This being said, I would use a soft material unless u want some blood, which i love as it adds a taste and horror which is wonders on the senses.

12. Martello

Martello Member

Like I was saying, the stuff I found at home depot is really soft. I posted info and price in the Budget BDSM thread.

13. Naughty Neena

Naughty Neena Member

the rope that i use is made out of cotton i think - it is hollow inside so it flexes with you - its about £8.50 for 15 metres which i dont think is too bad