The Random Chat/Offtopic Thread

Tumbl3

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I'm having a bad day today. Normally my attitude is "I'm awesome, I don't always do everything right, but I try my best." but, today, I just feel...not very awesome. I feel like everyone I know hates me, and just tolerates me.

I think the worst part about this though is you can't really TALK to people about this. Not because people are stupid, but because they don't understand. I mean, they think they do, bless them, but they really don't.

I think this describes it best:

"And that's the most frustrating thing about depression. It isn't always something you can fight back against with hope. It isn't even something — it's nothing. And you can't combat nothing. You can't fill it up. You can't cover it. It's just there, pulling the meaning out of everything. That being the case, all the hopeful, proactive solutions start to sound completely insane in contrast to the scope of the problem.

It would be like having a bunch of dead fish, but no one around you will acknowledge that the fish are dead. Instead, they offer to help you look for the fish or try to help you figure out why they disappeared."

tl;dr I've been really depressed today and I feel like I'm surrounded by people that don't understand depression so what's the point?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Tumble: for me, depression was fundamentally about a lack of hope for the future. When my husband left me, I was desperately miserable, and I couldn't see any way that I would ever get to a point where I felt any better about myself or my life. My future just seemed a long grey road in which the best option was that I would sleep as much as possible so I wouldn't have to be awake to think about how miserable I was. For me, things started to get better when I was able to see that my future could possibly get better, that I wasn't doomed to stay in exactly the situation I was in then.

One of the best things you can do to fight depression is exercise. Force yourself to get 30 minutes of exercise 4 or 5 times a week. It doesn't have to be heavy exercise; just get on a treadmill and walk or take a bike ride or a run. Exercising outside is better; exposure to trees has been shown to correlate to a reduction in depression.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account