The Blurry Line

Pet

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

How do you doms know when to strain a boundary, to test the sub, to push her a bit but not to far? It must be so difficult to do with "minor" things like masturbation; something that most must see as a natural thing in BDSM.

It's not. Not for me. I can do more or less anything else that's degrading and humiliating, in public or at home, but if I'm told to masturbate infront of someone it's a turn off so extreme as if someone told me to eat roadkill.
I have no problems doing it when I'm alone. It's just doesn't work infront of others. Never has, never will.

Is that a line you think should be tested? Something so small and insignificant? When I feel the way I do? :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

GreyMac

Pet, I'm no psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and it's probable that at some point in the past you were made to feel that masturbation is a very shame-filled activity. Think it through and try to understand WHY you feel the way you do rather than focusing on WHAT and WHEN you feel it.

When I was a kid, we were so poor that was all I had to play with. So I come from a very different background.

Pushing a strong mental boundary, for most people, should be done gradually. Try a scene where your genital area is somewhat or completely hidden from view from your dominant and then they order you to masturbate. Doing it simply in their presence rather than under their direct gaze may be easier.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Good luck. Repost to let us know how it goes for you.

Fileboom Premium Account

Pet

I haven't though, and shame doesn't bother me. Like I mentioned, I've been put through public humiliation even when I didn't had clothes on. Being up for display a lot too.
I've been orderd to do many things that made me want to put my head in the sand, embarassed beyond belief, but this is a different feeling.
I don't get shy. I get numb. I completely lose any sense of joy or excitement. Then later on I get angry for being pushed to it again, followed by sad for the same reason, not to mention feeling betrayed.

Fileboom Premium Account

GreyMac

Obviously my light response below was inappropriate. The problem lies more in the anger and resentment that you feel toward your Dom for pushing you where you don't want to go. Tell him/her. Communicate. Or not.

I still think the advice stands; figure out why it bothers you so rather than what or when. Why do you go numb, as opposed to why they asked you to do it again when they know you find it distasteful. you're not going numb because they asked you to do it again. There's an underlying reason. Are you holding back to make a point?

Some Doms simply have enough of a sadistic streak that they enjoy seeing you pushed to places they know you don't like to go. Your anger or distaste/disgust gives them more feedback than other reactions.

Just like in the Vanilla world, every relationship is different. Some stay together out of love. Others, out of spite.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

I'd have to agree with greymac, you really need to analyze yourself and your feelings on this, nobody else can do it for you. Also, maybe work on desensitizing yourself to it, masturbate when your Dom is in the same apartment/house, then masturbate when he is standing outside the closed door, then masturbate with him in the room with him blindfolded, then try it with the lights off, then try one small candle in the dark, etc. Find out which one of these makes you freeze. Is it because you can't stand him watching? I have a hard time masturbating in front of Master, but mostly because I don't masturbate the "normal" way and I am afraid that how I do it is not sexy at all. Plus I shake and make unattractive faces. He is very good about positive reassurance which has helped. We did it with the lights off and Him next to me, that helped a lot.

If you don't get this numb feeling with anything else humiliating or degrading, then my guess is your mental block is, like greymac said, to the masturbation itself. Maybe you were caught doing it as a child and got scolded for it? Go slow, but keep trying, and keep in mind always how pleased your Master/Mistress will be once you can break through that barrier, or if you never do, how pleased they will be for your diligent efforts. I often times pull on that motivation when things are hard for me to handle.

Fileboom Premium Account

GreyMac

If it's a hard line, it's a hard, line. Stop the scene and Walk.

BDSM is always about the mental as much as the physical, more so for most.

If you've made it very clear that this is a hard line, (no hints, no passive-agressivness, say it plain and clear) Your dom is pushing this for a reason, whether it's a test or just sadism or some other reason is something you'll have to ask him.

As a Dom, I push in small increments - testing and probing boundaries rather than kicking them down. Ultimately I want to take my sub by the leash and lead her out to the edge of her comfort zone, then dance around the boundary in such a way that she doesn't know we've crossed it until she looks back at it from the far side. but that's just my method about life and boundaries in general. As an example of that style - using humor to point out that the problem lies within as well as with your Dom. You were not made the butt of any jokes, the humor was contextual, and the advice I offered is just that - advice and I stand by it as reasonably sound advice which you under no obligation whatsoever to take. Simply restated, it is as follows:

Analyize your motives. First, know thyself. Not only the fact that it makes you uncomfortable but why it does so. Then talk about it with your Dom. Communicate.

It's obvious you have a good deal of pent-up hostility about it.
I wish you luck with it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

If it's a hard line, it's a hard, line. Stop the scene and Walk.

BDSM is always about the mental as much as the physical, more so for most.

If you've made it very clear that this is a hard line, (no hints, no passive-agressivness, say it plain and clear) Your dom is pushing this for a reason, whether it's a test or just sadism or some other reason is something you'll have to ask him.

Very well put.

As a Dom, I choose to 'push' in areas where subbie is already comfortable; or at least willing. Most of what "does it" for me is the fact that she is getting into it as much as I am. If it makes her eyes get big with that 'look', then it's full steam ahead.

Grey is right about D/s being more mental (spiritual) that physical. Most think of hard limits as physical limitations. There is nothing that says hard limits can't address spiritual issues as well if that's what works for you. I don't see the point (or the pleasure) in pushing a sub where they truly don't want to go. That, to me, borders on meanness and severely strains the safe, sane, consensual mantra we all follow.

There's so much to share, so much that can be done, so many possibilites for adventures it's hard to believe that this one thing can mean THAT much. If there are things I know subbie REALLY doesn't care for, they're basically ignored except for the odd 'idle threat' that's levied in a purely light-heated manner.

What we all share and practice is a two way street. The sub's needs are just as important as the Dom's. If anything ruins an adventure for either of you, then it's something that should be avoided.

The others have said it, I'll say it: Communicate. If the totality of your relationship is fulfilling (aside from this) I believe you can work it out. The journey is what's important here; not the destination.

Wish you well.

Fileboom Premium Account

I was under the impression that this was a hurdle you wished to surpass and overcome, you never said it was a hard limit in your original post. If it's a hard limit then you clearly have already made up your mind about never overcoming it so why ask us the question? If it's a soft limit, thats a different story and my previous advice still applies. Either way I have to agree with greymac again, you definitely seem to have some pent up anger about this and that alone should be dealt with even if you never take this issue off your hard limit list. Best of luck!

Fileboom Premium Account

subspace