Sensory deprivation - advice needed

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Well, we tried giving it another go with just the foam earplugs, but again it didn't work :(

I will try finding some ear protectors though, found a pair as part of a set of other safety stuff for £10, so it'll probably be shit, but still worth a try I guess. Next time we get round to it, we're going to try with really loud music through earphones, and see if that helps :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Sparrow69

OLP, sorry it took me so long to get this up there for you. As opposed to loud music, i suggest this alternative... Brain Wave Audio Manipulation. Its a series of frequency specific Audio tones (white Noise) designed to bring about certain effects, masked out by studying brainwave patterns in different situations. They are used alot in self hypnosis, pain relief, astral projection, subliminal messaging, meditation, etc...
My point is, with a decent set of headphones, like earkandy or a good gaming headset, you can really benefit from some of the settings and therir are always new ones for download.
I suggest the transic ones for subspace... helps put you in that trance like state we all love, while blocking out the rest of the world. I have a pretty intense list of audio file on my system here, but there's a pretty good program found here.

http://www.bwgen.com/index.htm

Good luck, hope this helps.

Fileboom Premium Account

Well, we finally got the chance to try this out last week.

We managed to find a basic pair of ear protectors from a pound shop, and teamed with foam earplugs, the difference was remarkable. I didn't experience total deafness, but what little I could hear (with straining) sounded like it was coming from someplace extremely far away.

As well as enforced deafness, I was blindfolded, ball gagged and cuffed to the headboard, so could do absolutely nothing save wait for my master's touch. I could hear my heart pounding loudly, and was struggling to keep my breathing under control as it was getting really erratic.

And when that first touch came, it was truly amazing. I can't even begin to describe how it felt. I guess you could say it was like being a doll; inanimate, unresponsive, helpless. I could just about hear my master's voice, but could not make out his words, and the sharp slaps I received on my arse were indication that I had been given an order to obey, which was a deliciously cruel touch given my lack of hearing ;)

I really enjoyed this, and am already looking forward to trying it again, and I might stuff a bit of cotton wool into the lining of the ear protectors, to see if I can reduce my hearing just that little bit further...

Fileboom Premium Account

GreyMac

My Girl and I use this technique on occasion. I work around fighter planes and they have disposable earplugs that reduce ambient noise by 31db (that's a lot) Most foam plugs do about 26/27. Over this she wears a noise-canceling headset. Nicer ones of these can be pricey, but ours were bought for this purpose and I don't recall them being terribly costly (maybe $60). The ones mentioned by Sparrow for use at gun ranges are also excellent and can be bought online for around $15 to $25.

My Girl says she can't hear anything unless it's loud enough to feel as well. (see Ezra's remark about jawbone conduction). we almost always use a blindfold anyway. she says that, "When you don't hear the swish of the crop approaching, the sudden pain is like a starburst." She swears she can 'see' it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: