Sadism and BDSM, a paradox?

MissPrissy

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hi everyone, I'm a little curious regarding sadism ...

If "sadism" means someone who enjoys inflicting pain on someone else, then how can this person enjoy herself if the submissive she is hurting is a masochist?

If the definition of sadism is that you enjoy hurting someone, aren't you then doing the opposite if you're giving them pleasure? Isn't that a paradox?

Just to be clear, I believe in sane, safe and consensual, but this issue has always puzzled me somewhat.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

subspace

Very interesting to think about. I think for for most of us subs/masochists that although we do receive pleasure from pain there is still pain involved and that is where the sadist is satisfied. The sadist/Dom is working hard to push limits of pain tolerance both mental and physical. It is not always pleasurable, a lot of time it is very painful and scary and emotionally draining to be involved in an sm relationship so I think there is plenty of pain to satisfy the sadist.
On the other hand I think the sm relationship works so well for the sadist because it gives the sadist an 'outlet' for their needs of inflicting pain on someone without the reprocutions of attempting this with what would be an unwilling victim.

Fileboom Premium Account

MissPrissy

Very interesting to think about. I think for for most of us subs/masochists that although we do receive pleasure from pain there is still pain involved and that is where the sadist is satisfied. The sadist/Dom is working hard to push limits of pain tolerance both mental and physical. It is not always pleasurable, a lot of time it is very painful and scary and emotionally draining to be involved in an sm relationship so I think there is plenty of pain to satisfy the sadist.
On the other hand I think the sm relationship works so well for the sadist because it gives the sadist an 'outlet' for their needs of inflicting pain on someone without the reprocutions of attempting this with what would be an unwilling victim.

So what the sadist really wishes (the best fantasy of the sadist) is to have a real slave, an unwilling slave that doesn't like any pain and that experiences real torture -- even though for everyone sane that stays only a fantasy, and in reality only willing slaves are used?

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

So what the sadist really wishes (the best fantasy of the sadist) is to have a real slave, an unwilling slave that doesn't like any pain and that experiences real torture -- even though for everyone sane that stays only a fantasy, and in reality only willing slaves are used?

As a sadist, a true sadist, I can say no. Every sadist wishes to bring out the machochist in people. to produce so much superficial pain that the nerve endings become confused, and the receptors that register pain, begin to register it as pleasure. What you're confusing with sadist, is a sociopath, who doesnt care about others feelings.
While most Sociopaths do tend to be sadistic, its to fulfill their own needs, and is not a requirement to be a sadist. I enjoy inflicting pain. I enjoy it more if I can get the victim to enjoy it.

Fileboom Premium Account

MissPrissy

As a sadist, a true sadist, I can say no. Every sadist wishes to bring out the machochist in people. to produce so much superficial pain that the nerve endings become confused, and the receptors that register pain, begin to register it as pleasure. What you're confusing with sadist, is a sociopath, who doesnt care about others feelings.
While most Sociopaths do tend to be sadistic, its to fulfill their own needs, and is not a requirement to be a sadist. I enjoy inflicting pain. I enjoy it more if I can get the victim to enjoy it.

This is where I feel there is a paradox, it is great that you like giving others pleasure, but I just can't see how this can be defined as giving them pain?

It seems to me that the real definition of "sadist" is someone who likes to give real pain, with a victim that dislikes it, but that in BDSM a sadist means someone who does what you described -- give pleasure.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

This is where I feel there is a paradox, it is great that you like giving others pleasure, but I just can't see how this can be defined as giving them pain?

It seems to me that the real definition of "sadist" is someone who likes to give real pain, with a victim that dislikes it, but that in BDSM a sadist means someone who does what you described -- give pleasure.

and that is where you are wrong. As i said, your confusing a sociopath with a sadist.

Sociopath = not caring how others feel
Sadist = causes pain to produce pleasure

Get it right.

I would say thats about right.
. . . Miss Prissy. . . That's an interesting name. :)

I couldn't agree more. It's being looked into to see if its just a coincidence or a blatant attempt at disrespect and a rules violation.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

MissPrissy

and that is where you are wrong. As i said, your confusing a sociopath with a sadist.

Sociopath = not caring how others feel
Sadist = causes pain to produce pleasure

Get it right.

I couldn't agree more. It's being looked into to see if its just a coincidence or a blatant attempt at disrespect and a rules violation.

I didn't mean any disrespect, I thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Fileboom Premium Account