Real Life Pets

Precious

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey Everyone,

So recently my family and I got out house foreclosed and sold right under us without our knowledge. Because of which we have to move into a rental, and yes, rental houses take animals but we have learned they do not take MANY animals. We have 5 dogs and 2 cats (a lot huh? animals lovers unite!!), anyways so the past 3 weeks I have driven myself nearly mad to find homes for these animals and ensure they would be safe, finally this wonderful shelter (Tara's Babies for anyone who lives in Arizona, US) that had no room but is making room for our dogs so they will be safe and loved- how awesome is that?!

Anyways the whole point of the thread is, I'm pleading with every community I belong to to please, if you ever ever get a pet, get it from a shelter, and if you ever can, donate time or money to these organizations- make sure its a good one too! Because they really are life savers! I have no money (obviously) so this is my way of giving back to the shelters that work so hard to save our unsung friends!!

So, yup thats about it my soapbox rant is over. GIVE TO SHELTERS! -cheer-

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Precious, I'm sorry to hear about it. I would be devastated if I had to give away my two cats. And you're entirely right--one should always check out a shelter for possible pets before looking at other, for profit, sources. Unless you're looking for an unusual breed or a pure-breed, shelters can usually meet one's pet needs.

Fileboom Premium Account

I got my beloved puppybear from a man who couldn't care for him after rescuing him from an "instant kill" shelter in Texas. I could never, ever justify spending thousands of dollars supporting a breeder after all the joy this wonderful boy has given my family and I.
29080_10150171677185434_616780433_12397289_1759346_n.jpg

That's my puppybear =D

PS, his name isn't puppybear lol He just looks like a teddy bear so that's what i call him.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

Ruelee

I keep budgies myself, usually I have two, though when one passes away, there's always a time where I only have one. They're nearly always gotten from a centre that takes in those budgies that people no longer want to care for, which I think is very sad. I like them myself, not as loud as a cockatiel or other larger birds, and only irritating when they really want something.

At the moment, I've only got one, a little white one with sky-blue patches, we named her Aero. Rather unusualy (or so I'm told, at least) I don't keep her in the cage most of the time, the doors to her cage are left open all day around, and she has free roam of the living room, and quite happily sits on the handles to open the windows, and talks to the birds outside. We don't open the windows, of course, but we can leave the front room door open, and she won't fly out, she's very well behaved in the respect, she knows where she's allowed and not allowed.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

we recently added a loving red nosed pit bull to our family, he was abused and shows the signs of being tempered for a bait dog. for those who dont know what that is, its the dog they use to train fighting dogs... ya know, the ones that get chewed on and killed viciously by the dogs they plan on putting i n the ring... hes now a wonderful loving baby with a loving family... he was obviously a rescue.

Fileboom Premium Account