Rape as a training mechanism for subs

Discussion in 'General fetish discussions' started by serodio, Mar 17, 2009.

1. serodio

serodio Banned

I've been following a discussion on Fetlife about "breaking" subs. After exhaustive debate over the definition of "breaking," the discussion mentioned rape as a means of removing a sub's sense of sexual privacy, or self-ownership. I'm not convinced rape is a part of BDSM. In fact, I think it has nothing to do with sex at all, considering a sub consensually submits, whereas rape is non-consensual. I wonder what others think about this. Do you agree or am I a prude?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Rape is a scary thing. The idea of it turns some people on (myself included) but, and this part is only based upon my own thoughts, only in a controlled environment. I think that is where it fits into the BDSM world. A Master/Mistress would never go as far as an actual rapist (ie, they wouldn't leave them battered and torn both emotionally and physically and left for dead) and they comfort their slave after. Breaking a slave is a good thing, but rape play should only be done when both parties consent. Also, don't forget a safety word, or gesture, things could end badly if you don't include one.

Sometimes Master is rough with me and I cry but he always lets me know that I am a good slave and that he loves me. Some sort of encouraging reinforcement is good (and in my case necessary) after something as serious as rape play.

3. No. Unless it's strictly as a role playing game, and both parties have discussed it beforehand, it shouldn't be allowed to happen. Real rape is fucking unacceptable.

4. I'm glad you put this more bluntly than I did. You said what I meant.

5. No problem :)

Hey, did you get the PM I sent you a couple of days ago?

6. I did, but just today. I go to Master's house on the weekends and I don't use the internet there so that I won't "waste" any time. I'm there to serve him, not do emails and forum stuff (both fortunately and unfortunately). I'd like to communicate more on weekends but since it is the only time I have with Master I spend it serving him.

7. I don't blame you. I only see my master at weekends too, so speak to him online only when I'm not due to see him, and only go online when he's here if we're chilling out, and not playing any games.

8. If we're chilling my Master is usually the one on the computer :) I find other ways to occupy myself.

9. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

I was talking about this with someone recently.

"Consensual rape" (ie. both parties know beforehand what is going to happen, how to go about it and using proper safety precautions) is fine.

ACTUAL rape should be punishable by death.

10. No. Although that is definitely a good idea, it would be a more fitting punishment for them to have their genitals removed in their entirety, so they would suffer eternal humiliation, as well as never being able to do it ever again.

As I said before, though, as a role playing game, that has been discussed thoroughly beforehand, it is perfectly fine if you're emotionally strong enough to act it out. I know from previous experience that I am not.

11. filfy

filfy Member

i agree with everything said above. actual rape is fucking disgusting and i reckon the should bring back public executions in the UK for this. No problems with play rape so long as it is discussed thoroughly and all participants are sure they can handle it and agree to it

12. Nyx

Nyx Member

Rape, true rape, is completely unacceptable.

I agree with Obedient Little Puppy's view.

13. There are so many reasons why this couldn't possibly work. There are so many different types of BDSM relationships, for instance. And in the case of 24/7 slavery, where the slave gives up all their rights, it is still their choice to enter into such a heavy relationship. If they are that willing to do this, and to take everything thrown at them, then such drastic measures will be completely unneccessary, as it is the slave's choice whether or not they will obey every order. And some masters/mistresses before their slave to be constantly disobedient, as it proves a challenge. What fun is there in someone who will always obey without question? In my opinion at least, you should have a healthy mixture of both (dis)obedience from the slave.

Also, rape is not going to make someone more likely to obey without question. If anything, it will only serve to cause the exact opposite. The victim (note that word, where some would put 'slave') would be broken, mentally and physically, far beyond what was trying to be achieved in the first place, meaning they would be a completely useless slave at best.

Serodio, are you able to shed any more light on the discussion that inspired you to start this thread? Such as naming the person who thought rape would be a good idea, details as to why they thought that, and what the rest of the discussion group had to say on that subject?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  14. Leilani

Leilani New Member

You're definitely not a prude! It's all about consent, and if the person you're sleeping with doesn't give you theirs to play out a rape fantasy, you're no better than anyone who punches out a victim in a dark alley and goes to work on them.