Procuring BDSM Materials without paying an arm and a leg

Cakman

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey ya'll. Kinda sorta new to the forum here. Pleasure to meet you.

My girlfriend and I have just recently become sexually active, and we are both heavily interested in bondage and light BDSM (her subbing). It's enjoyable, and I DO delight on the rush I get off of dominating her, but my problem so far comes in when I want to actually obtain the MATERIALS.

While not into particularly hardcore BDSM, she still dislikes the "soft" aspects of bondage; She doesn't want to use fluffy handcuffs or pink blindfolds and whatnot. My local sex shop has the materials necessary for, say, a hogtie, but the prices are friggin incredibly high. It's a small piece of leather with a few loops, and they're charging over $100 for it. I have a job, but I'm paying my way through college now, and I really don't want to have to spend a week's paycheck just so I could tie her up. Is there any cheaper way to either obtain the materials, or even a step-by-step guide to making your own? I'd prefer it to be easier, but if I need to just make my own using rope, I can do that.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Your hardware store/Farm and Fleet/Home Depot has a wealth of things that you can put to naughty uses. Pick up Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook (which will give you lots of instructions and illustrations for safe bodnage) and go out and buy some appropriate nylon rope (Wiseman discussed what types of rope to use and not use). 100' of rope will give your hours of play for less than $50. Then start adding extras. You can make a decent blindfold out of a bandana or Ace bandage, and the bandana can be used as a simple gag as well (tie it around her head, don't just stuff it into her mouth). A bag of plastic or, preferrably, wooden clothespins is cheap and useful on many body parts. You can get a decent riding crop for about $30-40 (and a so-so one for $20). Wooden cooking spoons can be excellent impact play toys, and some heavy spatulas can be as well. An electric toothbrush is an amazingly sadistic toy if used inventively (just don't insert it anally or vaginally). You can buy a professional police pair of handcuffs for $20-30 (don't use the fuzzy ones or ones you can get at Hot Topics--they will eventually get the sub hurt). You can get real handcuffs at a uniform supply store, Army Surplus store, or online--look for cuffs that have two links between the cuffs; three links is a sign that they're not real.

Then as you have the money, start looking into professionally made toys, such as leather cuffs, paddles and floggers, a leather hood or blindfold, a hogtie clip and so on. Building a bdsm toybag is like building a kitchen--you acquire some cheap dishes and pots right away and then slowly pick up the good stuff as you can afford it and decide you need it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

chaoticist

Hardware stores and pet shops are good for things like chains, leads, leashes, collars, benches and so on - and there's the added humiliation factor of making someone wear an actual dog collar and lead ;) Razor blades and kitchen knives are dirt cheap, as are knife sharpeners. A handkerchief can serve as a blindfold, rope is cheap and can be used for anything from mild to extreme restraint. Police surplus handcuffs are also very affordable.

If you want to get things cheaper still, go 2nd hand. Used hardware and domestic items can often be picked up almost free from yard sales, craigslist, ebay and so on. To make things even easier, order your sub to go looking online and in the stores for items - or go together and have a nice subtext of control and foreboding for her as you pick out the gear, while other DIY and pet owning shoppers walk around completely oblivious to what is going on.

Fileboom Premium Account