Poll: Group Chat Times

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Roland, Jul 30, 2012.

?

Choose as many options as you want.

Poll closed Aug 13, 2012.
  1. 9AM

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 12PM

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. 3PM

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 6PM

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. 9PM

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roland

Roland Member

I would say weekends are the only viable option. I am putting the times in EDT (GMT-4) because I'm a Yank (EDT is EST but pushed forward 1 hour for Daylight Savings Time. DST ends on November 4th and then it will go back to GMT-5).

All of those times work for me, so I voted for all of them.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Help I am a useless human being ---and I live in the UK - how do I work out what they will be for me?

3. Roland

Roland Member

Until Daylight Savings Time ends here in the states, just add 4 hours to each of the posted times. DST ends on November 4th and then you would have to add 5 hours.

4. So I think most would be possible until I return to school in September (I teach before anyone panics). Eagerly await more info and thanks Roland :)

5. AriBee

AriBee New Member

Alright, so if the times are in EST and I am currently in the state of New York I should add one hour to figure it out, right (because I'm in EDT)?

I'm just trying to clarify because the UK and the East Coast of the US are 5 hours apart for I think 50 weeks out of the year, not 4.

Not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to clarify this :)!

6. Roland

Roland Member

No it's EDT, I am in New York as well. Some people outside the US don't know what that is so I just wrote EST. Currently, all times are GMT-4 until November 4th when they return to GMT-5.

I edited the original post with clarification.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I learned that the UK uses DST as well. When we start actually doing this group chat thing, we can negotiate times together when clocks change, instead of trying to do it in a forum like this.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. i voted to 9PM :)

8. Roland

Roland Member

Sounds like 9PM EDT is the winner. If this is too late for many of our European friends, might I suggest they do their own chat at 9PM GMT. Also, since 9PM is a pretty safe time whether it is a weekday or weekend (actually might be worse on weekends), I will be on every night I can this week at 9PM. See you there!