Opening Our Marriage

sillylittlepet

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

How old are your kids?
If your kids are young (under 10) then of course they're going to worship their father to pieces, it isnt until kids get older that they resent their parents

Recently I've learned that doing the right thing can be unbelievably hard but eventually the benefits will outweigh the pain you have to go though

I believe that anytime a partner is abusive its bad news. I'm not married and I certainly don't have kids, but no one wants to see their mother in pain or be put down.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear it's #2. You've got some tough choices to make. If he ever gets physically abusive, or if he becomes abusive toward your children, the choice is easy: leave him. But there's a lot to be said for staying with him for the sake of the children, especially because you seem to feel that it's not all bad for you. I think my general advice right now would be for you to go to a counselor and explore your feelings. You seem to feel that your husband isn't all bad, so maybe there's something there you can salvage. Good luck.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

L8NightQ

Thanks m - I understand better now. I actually read your response last night but I really needed to let it sit for a while.

The verbal put downs really surprised me, and I still don't understand where that came from and if it only happened after you tried to volunteer your servitude. It sounds like he'd been wanting to do it and finally got an excuse to.

I've got just a few more questions to help both of us get some clarity on this.

You said you need the submission in your life but you haven't said where it fit before you got married, and if anything happened while you were married that made all this want to come back.

Aside from that, you need to really think about something.

If everything else was fine.... He loves you, you love him, you treat each other in a loving way and you're friends. If you were happy with each other outside of the sex... Would you have brought this up to us?

Let me put it a different way. When you got married, did it matter that he was not a/your Dom? Was he good enough as a good husband? Was he worth you putting your submissive desires on the shelf?
It sounds like your attempts were recent, why not early in your marriage?

I ask because while sex is an important part of marriage, it's most often balanced against everything else in the relationship.

Did your attempts to go after the sex you wanted begin to form a wedge? His travel gave you more time to investigate your fantasies on the internet? Something else entirely?

Something changed in the seven or so years you've been married. Don't get me wrong... I've seen marriages fall apart based on one partners need for something else.... but only after other parts of the marriage weren't good enough to cover the "C" or "D" rating of the sex, or other problem area.

With all that you've got. The wonderful kids, good marriage (aside from the conflict we've been discussing), stability, the home you've developed, friends, shared income, etc.... Why not live with the fact that you're not actively doing BDSM and compromise? You haven't been at it for this long. What makes it so compelling now? I just get the sense that there's something else here.

Yes m... I'm poking at some buttons. Finding the language to answer me will help you see where things really fit in this picture you're painting.

I've read through what everyone else has said, but many of the things you described may be symptoms the real problem that is festering. It might be sex related, or it might be something else. You might just be tired of each other.

Just so you know.... I put it aside for almost 12 years of marriage. When it ended I was looking for just the same as you, but it didn't end for that. I'm not you, so I'm asking.

Here's why. Whatever you want to call it.... Open marriage, some controlled release through a third party, whatever. Once you have someone who matches you on that end, and is ok on the rest, you're not gonna give it up. Then you'll have a choice to make during an already rocky marriage.

Sun Tzu once said (I'm para-phrasing) - The value of a successful campaign can only be measured against what you lost to get there.

Fileboom Premium Account

TwistedSister

If I may ...and I am probably the last person on this earth you need to listen to. That being said. I have led a complicated life. Some of it happily complicated, some of it not so much so. I fell into this dilema - the one you describe. You have already done more than I did. I wanted BDSM, needed it. I did not try to talk to my husband. I knew, or perhaps unfairly said I knew, how he would react (not well). What I did know was that our relationship was never designed for BDSM with me being submissive. I have a very strong dominant side. So much so, that most people just see me in a take-charge role - whether it be work, home, or life in general. That is only a part of me.
What I am dancing around and trying not to spit out - is I came to a decision. I was married to my best friend. Corny huh? For 26 years I was with the same man. My decision was hard, as is yours. How do you balance loyalty and trust to your husband with YOUR wants and needs? And how do you do this without feeeling like a complete shit. Well I let my now ex know that through no fault of his own I had grown in ways he had not and could not. I love him (and I still do) but I really needed and felt it was OK if I wanted to be happy.
Woman, it is OK to be happy. It is OK to be happy with what you have and it is OK to happy to say good bye. You know no one caqn make those tough decisions for you. But be assured, when you make those decisions, you will have people who care to support you.
Look at this post and all of the advice you have been given. If you local community (read - BDSM family) is anything like I have found in central and southern Ohio - you will find many compassionate people.
If this is of help great! If not ... well keep looking. you will fing the right door you need to walk through. I have been there and made the tough choice. It lies with you and you alone. Good luck! Send me a message if you ever just want to talk or scream ... := ) I understand.

Good luck with your search.

Fileboom Premium Account

TerribleT

7 year itch?
Seriously, this is that point at which "some" start to question their commitments and their loyalty. I know it's right about when I started to weigh the different components of my marriage and began to consider my options. It has been and is a complicated affair for me and my spouse. I've had my doubts and I know she's had hers. We have stuck it out so far and I believe my kids are better for it....actually, I'm 100% sure. Our 11th anniversary was last month. A day before my wifes birthday (15 Aug), I was bitten by a stupid feral cat (the dam cat is fine:curse: ). I texted her from the ER "I WAS BITTEN!!!" (we had watched the show the night before) When I got home, I knew she still very much loved me, even though she doesn't always show it (especially in bed!). I do still have my doubts sometimes...only human, right?

I guess what I'm saying is: you're at that point. I'm saying many of us find ourselves there and some of us even get through it.
Perfectly normal!!;)

Once the kids are older....well, that changes the algorithm a bit, doesn't it. Not saying that's the kicker but it makes a difference. I've considered the possibility of opening up my marriage at some point in the future. My spouse can't (or won't) meet me halfway either. I think, if it ever does come to a head, I'll be honest and re iterate my needs. If she can't meet them, and can't accept the alternative.....well....Bob's your uncle, I guess.

Just one possibility.

Fileboom Premium Account