Non-leather wristcuffs?

Smallest

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

My master and I are looking for a set of semisoft cuffs/wristbands for me to wear- neither of us are fans of handcuffs, and being vegetarian, leather's out.

He wants them as an extra precaution against ropes tightening on my wrists or cutting in when I struggle against them, as we both know I will, intentionally or not, pull against ropes to points where he feels he has to stop me for safety reasons- while he enjoys seeing it, I've made my hands turn unhealthy shades just by straining on one side of a fairly loose loop.

His idea was something like http://honeygifts.com/product/hg0945.html, but better quality than that appears, and nylon or another leather alternative- something that's still solid.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brands or whatnot where I should begin to look, or another alternative? I don't know what else you might suggest, but we're open. The main idea is minimizing rope burn to my wrists, and stopping the stimulus for struggling by a bit.- I'm good with a full body of ropes, but there's just something about on my wrists that is terrible and great...

The only real requirements he's looking for in these are that they're nonleather, aesthetically pleasing, and have a means to connect rope by.

Thank you, and thanks for any suggestions on other alternatives.

This could also belong in safety, a mod can move it if I've done wrong.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:

There is plenty of material around. I don't get how not eating meat connects to not using leather, but that is your choice to make and does not need explanation.

You could try something like this. I am also sure there are artificial leather shackles around. My advice would be to visit a local erotic store and ask the personel there. They are usually well informed and know what the products are made off.

Fileboom Premium Account

Smallest

I'm thankful, PS, that you understand our dietary and similar ethics are up to us, rather than arguing. Some people aren't so polite. Thank you for the link. We've been looking through the online catalogues of the local shops, but everything's leather, and we were hoping maybe we'd find something to order in. I thought for sure we'd see some PVC, at least.

And Sebastian, the problem isn't usually tightening, but that even loose, ropes inspire me to pull against them, cutting into one side of my wrists/ankles even when the rope's looser or not tightening. Thank you, though, and we might look into that anyway, for more technique in general. Because whether or not I need more discretion... ropes are ropes

Thank you both :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Your welcome. :) I have a little more time now, so here's some more ideas.

I'd have to test this first, but you could try to just wrap some bandages around your wrists to wear under the ropes. This should, in theory, provide a protective layer and if you use the right bandages (any medical grade should do), it should prevent ropeburn. The trick would be to prevent "bandage burn" which is also possible but less likely I would think.

Another option is to look into medical supplies. Hospitals have restraints for troublesome patients and those are not made of leather (to my knowledge) and designed specifically to prevent a patient from harming himself even when struggling against them. I don't know if these are freely available, but its worth a shot.

Finally, you could try to just make improvise. Sports supply stores for bodybuilding should have wristbands with an extension to wrap around weights to relieve strain on the hands for extreme lifting. This is a niche market, but I know a few people who use them. It should be possible to convert those to restraints with relatively little effort. I don't know what they are called, but they basically look like a wristband, usually with a velcro fastener and an about 10 to 20 inch length or cord attached to them.

Good luck in your search. :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Smallest

Know why I'm necro-ing?

We found some, finally, about a week ago. You have no idea how hard it is to find non-leather, decent quality, non-velcro cuffs (for anyone just tuning in here, Master and I are vegetarian and avoid leather, and I don't like velcro cuffs because they feel cheap and can get caught in my hair too easy).

Anyway, one of my (now-local) 'Adult Shops' or whatever they might be called has them. Only, they're not in the catalogue or on display. You just ask and they have them. I didn't think of asking before, but the time before that, I couldn't find a material label on the floggers, and it took me asking for them to run into the back and come out with all the non-leather impact toys that weren't on display (they didn't even advertise that they had crops before that).

They're thick rubber of some kind, with belted closures and two D-rings.

So, I'm quite pleased, anyway, and I forgot to post before now. We were having no luck online, and not in other toy stores- one even told us she'd never heard of such a thing, all the non-leather ones were velcro and all the belted type ones were leather, and so on.

Anyway, just a post to brag.

Fileboom Premium Account