New Master in search of guidance

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Thanks, that's an extremely useful link I and my Master read over it though I am sad it reccomends not to play whilst in a state of hyper-sexuality. That is going to be extremely difficult for me.

One thing I think we could both use advice on right now is how to conduct an online relationship with BDSM such as punishments that can be done without her having to be present and wether training is possible whilst over the internet. That is probably our biggest problem is how to conduct this online until she get's home (which should be in about 2 months.

I looked through the beginners FAQ but found no information on long distance BDSM relationships and I know alot of people on here do it so there has to be some advice that can be given. Or at least I hope there is.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

^v^Sultry^v^

Thank you so much for the useful link. It was a concern of mine as well. Last thing either of us want is to trigger her into an episode. We are very fortunate that she is very self aware and my love and concern for her keeps us both on our toes. We will certainly be aware. Me and her cruised the FAQ and didnt really find any answers to my original question about how to have her conduct herself from day to day till I get home to her.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

Yeah, we get lots of questions about online play and long-distance training, and most of them are some version of "what can I have my online sub do?" This is a natural question; large numbers of kinksters meet online these days, and few of them are close enough to meet right away. But I find the question a real challenge to work with for a couple reasons.

1) I suspect that most online 'relationships' aren't real. Usually one person wants it to be real and the other is just exploring or idly playing around, with no real commitment. Obviously that's not the case with you two.
2) Usually, the dom is looking for ideas to satisfy the sub's desire for something. I think that's a wrong approach. As I indicated above, I think that turns domming into giving the sub make-work. This sort of sabotages the development of the dom's dominance, because the dom is trying to artificially give commands instead of letting the commands emerge from their genuine desires. To be truly dominant, a dom has to learn to give their wants and desires priority over the sub's wants and desires, and this question is pretty much all about satisfying the sub's needs rather than the dom's. That's why I answered the way I did in my second response. So let me rephrase my answer:

You're thinking about dominance wrong. Don't worry so much about making her feel controlled and don't worry so much about figuring out ways to punish her. In my opinion, needing to actually punish a sub is a sign something is going wrong. (Yes, I know you mean play punishments...) Instead, Sultry, focus on you and your needs. What do you want Alice to be doing while you're gone? What do you think Alice needs to be doing to make your life better and easier? Because to be really successful at domming, you need to realize that this relationship is about you and not her. So don't ask what you can do for her, ask what she can do for you.

Don't get me wrong; Alice's needs and desires are incredibly important. She has to enjoy what's happening. If she doesn't, she'll eventually become unhappy and leave, and nobody wants that. But to learn to be dominant in a way that feels genuine, honest, real, and powerful, and not just an act or something kinky you do, you need to awaken the part of you that is selfish and me-first and then learn how to be selfish in a way that gives Alice pleasure. Dominance is about being selfish altruistically (and submission is about learning to be altruistic selfishly). Put differently, dominance is about learning to give through taking, and submission is about learning to take through giving.

So I ask again, what can Alice do to make your life better while you two are apart? Do you want to wake up to a romantic email or a sexy pic of her? Then make her send one every day. Do you want to know that she's thinking about you? Then require her to text you a couple times of day and ask how you're doing? Is there something you think Alice needs to do that she's not good at doing, like lose some weight or work toward a bachelor's degree? Then give her orders to stay on a diet or take a class. Do you want to come home to a sexy, fit sub? Then order her to work out regularly. Do you want to come home to a spotless apartment? Then give her a cleaning schedule to stick to.

This isn't about her need to have sexy fun while you're gone. This should be about your need to be in charge of her and to shape and guide her life. A sub is supposed to be focused on a master's needs and wants. When the master is gone, the sub doesn't get to have sexy fun, because sexy fun is something the master gets; the sub gets sexy fun through the process of the master getting it. Yes, sometimes I beat my slave because he likes to be beaten and I'm doing it because I want to hold up my end of the bargain, but overall I work to get comfortable with the idea that this really is about me. If you can learn to be genuinely dominant, then Alice will feel genuinely dominated; she'll feel your will as a guiding principle in her life, and she'll feel wonderful that she's genuinely serving you. She will feel pleasure knowing that she's giving you pleasure and making your life easier.

At least, this is how dominance works for me, and it seems to be the way submission works for the guys I attract. I can't swear it will work for you, because your psyches might be different. But it's the best guidance I have to give on this. Playing games online has never worked for me, because it never made me feel in control in anything but a superficial way.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

^v^Sultry^v^

Thank you so much Sebastian. That was most helpful. You are correct. I am not looking to punish her all the time. I DO need to learn to tap into My "selfish" side. I have always been quite the opposite. I was a submissive myself for a long time, then I tried being a switch which I enjoy quite a bit. In Mine and Alice's situation, we have been together for 3 years and I spent all My time treating her with kid gloves so as not to upset her. She assures Me that with this new mentality that she is fine with Me speaking more sternly with her. I just need to work on that. Which I know will get easier over time with practice and positive input from her. We spoke on an incident that transpired last night and realized that we both need to communicate our ideas better. She is not used to having to share and explain everything she does (which she conditioned Me about in the entire time we have been together) And I am not used to being selfish (as a submissive I always put my needs second without fail) I have no doubts that all this can be accomplished over time and especially when I get home.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

I'm genuinely very giving and nurturing as well. As a dom, the trick is to really embrace the idea that being selfish is being giving and nurturing to a sub. Alice needs you to be selfish in ways that meet her needs. It's a hard shift to make in the our way of thinking, but in many ways it's the essence of dominance.

If Alice is not used to revealing her inner thoughts, I would make that a priority in her training. I don't allow my slaves to have private thoughts--if I ask them what they're thinking or feeling, they have to answer. And this is something that can work quite well long distance. You could require her to spend time each day writing her thoughts down and then email them to you. Get used to asking her what she's thinking, just at random; text her and require a reply.

Being honest about feelings is central to BDSM, and as she learns to be less guarded with you, she will learn trust in you, she will bond with you more deeply, and you will learn her moods more clearly and how to address them.

Fileboom Premium Account

Oh dear, yes I am certainly not used to revealing my thoughts as they can be somewhat "out there". My next question then would be if I am to be upfont and honest about all my thoughts (which I am willing to do) what if I am thinking something rebelious or for example say I'm fantasizing about another person or thinking thoughts my Master would not approve of. Am I then to be repremanded for thinking such things and should I still be honest about them?

I'm not used to the concept of sharing my inner thoughts and I must admit this is the scariest concept for me. but again if it is what my Master wishes then I will oblige. I'm just scared that my thoughts will somehow upset her or make her unhappy. My brain tends to think whatever it wants without limitation or concept of morals despite me having them.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Alice, I give my slave permission to think whatever he wants to think. He's allowed to have whatever thoughts and desires he wants; he's just not allowed to act on them without my permission. My training philosophy is that the more I know about what a slave thinks and wants, the more I can use that to control him. I can dangle carrots in front of him as rewards and motivators to get the behavior I want out of him, and he knows that I will give him the pleasure he craves if he is obedient. So knowing what he's thinking and how his mind works is really important to me.

Fileboom Premium Account

^v^Sultry^v^

I agree with you sebastian. My pet is human and humans cant always control their thoughts which I understand. But yes, I agree that she will not be allowed to act on these thoughts. Still working on communication with her. Today was a really rough day. When I feel I am being firm she feels I am hurting her feelings. I know its all about being 100% honest and communicating. I hope with today's black cloud that we both learned that we cant shut down and clam up. I am still trying to find that fine line of being firm and not realizing I have hurt her feelings by claiming that what she is feeling is "wrong" IMO (at that moment) becasue in my mind i am just being firm. I dunno, it just feels like I barely put one fire out before 2 more are started.

Fileboom Premium Account