need help deciding my mark

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by monocrome, Aug 9, 2009.

1. monocrome

monocrome Member

The past 6 months have been a SERIOUS re-awakening and wake-up call to me about making sure I am getting what I need and about getting re-involved in things that make me more stable and content, regardless of what the outside world views as "stable" and "content." I had actually thrown the entirety of bdsm out the window with a relationship that ended a long time ago and had been feeling extremely dead inside until recently. I want to mark myself so that I remember this. However, I don't know what to use as the mark. Whatever it is, I will be doing it myself.

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

a phoenix is the classic symbol of rebirth, so i would say since thats the motif, a tribal phoenix in alternating blue and black, with a pink heart on its torso (belly or back) as blue and black with a pink heart is the bdsm flag.

HOWEVER, tattoos are incredibly personal, and while others may give suggestions to spark inspiration, the final image should be yours and yours alone or you may come to not like it down the road.
  3. monocrome

monocrome Member

i totally agree, and i will also be discussing this with other people who have helped me on my way and a very good friend and mentor of mine to get their input. but ALL suggestions are welcomed as, at this point, for some reason i am thinking of a simple branded "x" --- which, while it gets the point across, somehow does not seem visually appealing :D
  4. Nyx

Nyx Member

Maybe you could do a twist on the 'X'. Make it gothic or decorated in colors or something. A pretty script X would be cool. Good luck!
  5. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

or an x that's a bar code....
  6. master jey

master jey Moderator

you can make chanes like mine torn in the end
  7. J zero

J zero Member

ive seen a tattoo of a chain and strap-bound heart with wings, i thought it looked really awesome, ill try to find a pic of something similar
  8. monocrome

monocrome Member

an x that is a bar code?? o.0
  9. Little_M

Little_M Member

I actually think a simple X could be quite beautiful :0 Depends on where you'd be getting it, but I actually really like simple brands like that. If it's overly complicated, sometimes I think it loses some of it's meaning. I think a script X or an X integrated with a small image or color would be really cool, though!
  10. master jey

master jey Moderator

X? like angelinas?
  11. monocrome

monocrome Member

thanks. the only thing i KNOW is that it MUST be a brand. (i just decided this last night). the mark is to remind me, more specifically, of how i have felt by not being myself over the past 10ish years - and it can only be described as a terrible burning sensation. so it must be a brand.

thank you for any input and any more input, guys :)