Need advice on electrosex

RS1981

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I found a beginner's Zeus powerbox that I'm considering buying, but I'm wondering what I need to know about it. I'm well aware of the dangers with electricity, but I need to know the basics on how to avoid those dangers. One of the many things I'm wondering about is the gel. Is it required for safety or is it only to intensify the sensations? There's other things I'm sure I need to know but I'd like to see if anyone has any experience with it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

drazen

The gel is not required for safety, it is there to give a better contact between the skin and the electrode. It also helps stick the electrode to the body. If you are in doubt put a RCD between the machine and the mains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device

An RCD is a residual current device, and you can best think of it like this; it detects the current in, and detects the current out, and if there is even a tiny difference it will shut down whatever it is connected to. They are basically fool proof against any sort of electric shocks (people using chainsaws, electric guitars etc). The thing is that here you are trying to intentionally shock yourself so it might trip in any case depending on the design of the device you are going to use, but it'll make it completely safe.

Electricity is a lot of fun, and contrary to how scary it might be to begin with is relatively safe. Just DON'T EVER, EVER put electrodes across your chest, and you will be ok.

Fileboom Premium Account

drazen

Holding another electrical device such as a phone - perfectly safe. If the device is isolated from the mains in particular there is absolutely no possibility of interaction between them electrically. If your phone connected to the electrical mains (not the phone circuit) then you might feel a tingle in your hand as an electrical field builds up between them.

Nipple clamps - if the unit is isolated from the mains and/or has a residual current device then you're ok. If it's battery powered then it's nothing at all to worry about. If the device is a dedicated Estim machine then don't worry about it, they have cut off relays in them. Try it on other bodily areas. Thighs, calves, feet would be my choice (those are the safest areas to test electricity on). If it seems fine there run it around the rest of you for a while, if you don't get a charge shock then it's safe. A charge shock you will know because it feels like a physical strike. Not pain, not even a pulse making your muscles move, not a tingle. It will feel like you have been punched. If you get this then discontinue using the device.

I really wouldn't use electricity on the nipples/chest though, not if I was on my own.

Electricity and the way it acts on organic matter is actually really complex. The volts hurt but don't actually kill (the static discharge from nylon can be a few thousand volts). You can take a big shock across the chest without any injury. The problem is current (the thing we measure in amps), and as little as 50 milliamps (0.05 amps) can be fatal across the chest because it (can) shut your heart down. On the other hand, you can take hundreds of amps across non-vital areas without dying, just get terrible pain at the entry and exit points.

But the thing that determines the current going through you is the volts, the charge behind it (the static discharge above didn't have any charge worth worrying about hence no current), and your bodies own internal resistance. Your resistance depends on all kinds of factors. How much sweat is on your skin, how much salt is in it (salt is an ionic compound and so is highly conductive when dissolved in fluids or in fluid form), how much fat there is under the surface, even how anemic you are (more iron in your blood will turn you into a nice wire).

As scary as all that probably sounds E-stim is considerably safer than, for example, self bondage or inserting unsterlized household objects into various bodily orifices. Those machines are built to be safe and have many levels of failsafes in them. Just test it on your legs first. If you don't feel anything really bad (trust me you'll know the difference) you're good to go.

Fileboom Premium Account

drazen

Ask as many questions as you like as often as you like. It's always better to be safe.

The chain won't make any difference in terms of safety. Even if the chain has bare metal contact on the skin and/or attaches with metal clamps it will behave the same as any other electrode. The thing with running electricity through chain is that there is always some build-up of some material on the actual links, be it dust, bits of human sweat that's dried, whatever. That makes the connection far less reliable than a bare wire so results will vary considerably unless your E-stim unit is using high voltages, in which case they will only vary moderately or slightly (high voltages tend to be able to break down those kinds of barriers).

Without the gel though to spread out the electrical entry point it might hurt a bit more. But you might want that effect.

The only thing with the chain is that if the unit has it's case earthed, and the chain is attached to a person who is attached to the unit, you'll probably trip it's breaker circuits if the chain touches the unit. That won't cause any injury, but you will have to switch it off and switch it back on again. I don't know what the chances of that happening are.

If the clamps contact with the skin is rubber then it is still possible to get electricity through them, but exceedingly difficult and they have to be pretty close to each other.

Fileboom Premium Account

RS1981

Ah okay that's good to know. Actually I was thinking that the electricity running through her body would heat up the metal and burn her so the rubber contacts would be a good thing, but I guess that's just another example of my lack of knowledge in physics lol. In any case, we'll most likely only use it below the waist anyway so the chain won't be anywhere near the unit. Thanks again for your help and I'll definitely be picking one up.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Another safety point--don't do electro at all with a sub who has any history of heart trouble, even just heart murmurs. Electricity, as already noted, has the power to disrupt the heart's cycle and trigger a fatal heart attack. In a healthy person, as long as you don't run current through the chest, it's very unlikely that anything will happen, but in a sub with heart issues, it's just too big a risk to take.

Fileboom Premium Account

RS1981

Another safety point--don't do electro at all with a sub who has any history of heart trouble, even just heart murmurs. Electricity, as already noted, has the power to disrupt the heart's cycle and trigger a fatal heart attack. In a healthy person, as long as you don't run current through the chest, it's very unlikely that anything will happen, but in a sub with heart issues, it's just too big a risk to take.

Yeah I told her to get a checkup to be sure. She has a surgery soon so she has a preliminary appointment anyway. I'm not sure if they can do other heart tests other than listening with a stethoscope though.

Fileboom Premium Account