Music from everyday not the scene

Discussion in 'Section open for any subject to discuss' started by subspace, Jun 14, 2009.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. subspace

subspace Member

What music do you normally listen too?
    Here is a short list for me.

Old School:
    The Cure (had my first panic attack when I saw Robert live for the first time! It was like seeing God!)
    XTC
    The Jesus and Mary Chain
    The Pixies
    They Might be Giants
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    New Kids on the Block:D
    Michael Penn
    Tori Amos
    House of Large Sizes
    Jane’s Addiction
    King Missile
    The Dead Milkmen
    Too many more to list…

Today:
    All of the above still, my IPOD is my lifesaver most days (I decompress while doing dishes and singing/dancing around the kitchen)
    I spend all day in the car so Sirius is a must. I am a Top 40’s whore; love my Sirius Hits 1 and 80’s (sorry I am a looser) Alt Nation and classic alternative

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Hmm...

...most black/death/thrash/goth metal, bit of trad metal, symphonic metal, bit of grunge, the odd bit of alternative...that's it I think :)

3. EZRA

EZRA Member

.....well.....um I......
    you know what I listen to is so driven by my mood it would be hard to put it all down.
    I can go from Rob zombie to Vivaldi in the space of a day and then listen to Ministry fallowed by The Cars and end the evening with Cocteau Twins and Patsy Cline.
    so just whatever is working for me at the time

The Kramps,buttholesurfers,negitive land,Cure,suxsie and the bashies,curxshadows,typOnegitve,lords of acid,MLWTTKC,Kate Bush,Buxom,machine in the Garden, Android lust,BrightChannel,Tool,Raxed in Black,Male to female,ectectect.

4. subspace

subspace Member

OMG- I would have bet money that I was the only person to own a Cocteau Twins CD. It's actually in my car stereo as we speak. Small world.

5. EZRA

EZRA Member

My dear I own everything up to "blue bell knoll" after that they went too twee for me.
    If don't already have it I would insist that you find your self a copy of "Victoria Land"
    It has amazingly potent soothing powers.
    I gave it to my 12 year old daughter who is coming on to estrogen so hard she's half crazy most of the time (poor thing).
    It works wonders for her, I hear her listening about once a week.

6. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

I listen to absolutely everything, i'm funny that way. i don't select a particular genera of music, i prefer to simply collect music that appeals to me, so I have classical, opera, country, rap, rock, metal, grunge, industrial, dance, house, religious, Harmony, blues, jazz, soul, and even spoken word.

My music tastes differ from day to day and mood to mood....

7. EZRA

EZRA Member

any Vagner?

8. Emma

Emma Member

I lik r'n'b and pop and stuff! I just like music ya can get up and dance to when your out! Dont slag but i love Britney!! I like other music aswell though like Talking Heads, Radiohead, The Verve, Jem! Adore Muse, theyre great when your feeling frustrated ya can just jump around to them! Like loads of different types but definately just prefer your general Top40 hits like!

9. Depends on the mood, I like my Rammstein, white zombie and fear factory when I'm in a "RAWRR" mood, then I listen to rather sedate plain stuff like Barenaked ladies, Nirvana or REM when its chilltime.

"RAWRR" moods a bit more fun though. Good music to swing a katana around to.

10. Martello

Martello Member

I listen to whatever is most aggressive the majority of the time. Some Carcass or hatebreed usually does it for me. But I can listen to almost anything that doesn't completely suck.

11. serodio

serodio Banned

I am really liking the new YeahYeahYeahs. They are one of the most stylish, glamorous acts out there.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM