knots & ropes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-O

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Dear Aise,
knots are only one half of the bondage equation; the other half is how the rope is wrapped around the body. There are some traditional knots in Japanese bondage - The Overhand knot, Square knot, Half Hitch, and the "Square Knot on a Coil" ; perhaps a Crossing knot and the Larks Head to round out the list. (If you are interested in an explanations of these knots, let me know, I will send you some pics on e-mail).
Ornamental and intricate styles of bondage can include the use of knots like the Crown knot or the Carrick knot to add variations in beauty and strength. If you look through a good knot book you will find many variations on these knots that can be put to good use.

I find knowing the “Figure Eight” knot and the Lineman knot very practical. Because they are strong knots and don't bind they are always easy to untie. Other knots not illustrated here that are useful the Bowline, French Bowline, Sheet Bend, and the Prussic Knot.

There is no "ONE" absolutely right rope for Japanese bondage. Many can be suitable for your bondage experience.

Nylon rope is strong, looks slick and is readily available at hardware stores. Marine rope materials can be good, however, some of it is glazed (polished) in a way that it doesn't safely hold knots; in this later category we find highly polished polyester and some of the polypropylene that can be to stiff to tie effectively.

Hemp and Cotton ropes have long been the standard for use in Japanese bondage. Hemp lends itself to this form of bondage because of its natural properties. The coarse texture of the rope creates a gentle abrasion against the skin, which is delightful, but it also makes it superior to synthetics in its ability to bind against itself for knot stability.

Sisal rope - Some people use sisal rope and like the effect and the physical discomfort it can provide. Sisal rope can also sliver and cause infection. Additionally, a good many people are allergic to the petrochemicals that sisal rope is treated with to keep bugs from eating it.

Success!

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account
Status
Not open for further replies.