Japanese Love Rope

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Randomguy86, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Randomguy86

Randomguy86 Member

Just wondering if anyone has used the japanese love rope products? If so, are they any good?
  2. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

If they're the ones I think they are, I haven't tried them because, after looking at them in a shop, I've found they weren't quite great looking quality-wise and that it would be cheaper to get rope from a hardware store (nylon can be just as soft as the silk, seeing as a silk rope isn't particularly soft the way you imagine a silk scarf) and knot it yourself, maybe leaving the knots tight and in after you get them right, if not having to tie them every time is what attracts you.
  3. Randomguy86

Randomguy86 Member

Was looking at a set of pre-made silk rope cuffs but having another look at them (on the net) they don't seem that hard to make and if they aren't good quality... So nylon rope then is the best to use? Did like the sound of silk rope. lol.
  4. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

You can get un-knotted silk rope somewhere, but it's not necessary. I don't mean the scary plasticky scratchy nylon and other artificial ropes though, I mean a good quality diamond weave, and nylon over polyester because it gives a bit more under stress, which generally is more comfortable.
    Something like this, but perhaps less than 500 feet worth. And if you go to a hardware store, you can generally have them measure out different lengths for you, and you can compare for what you like as a width.
  5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Yeah, high quality nylon works quite well, and it's usually cheaper and easier to find. And it's easier to wash.
  6. Randomguy86

Randomguy86 Member

Hmm. Will have to take a trip down to the hardware store. Thanks guys.

Hopefully I can make these suckers : )

Edit again: Hey smallest, can you edit this and put it in the right thread for me? Don't know why it got posted here instead : )
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  7. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

The forum must have hiccuped o:

Have fun, anyway!
  8. Randomguy86

Randomguy86 Member

9. Randomguy86

Randomguy86 Member

10. Nuka

Nuka Member

For any Brits around who don't know.

B&Q has the best rope selection in my opinion. Pretty cheap too tbh.
  11. ickle_cat

ickle_cat New Member

my dom and i are very into japanese rope bondage. he buys lengths of 20m nylon rope that's 6mm thick from a shop called the range and it costs about £6 a time. very soft, comes up a very bright white in pictures and looks great. hope that helps x