Is the pleasure we get from SM purely sexual?

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

One thing to keep in mind is that BDSM is about power exchange, which is a basic principle in society in general. We agree to voluntary power exchange with our teachers, our bosses, our elected officials, and more. Some people derive considerable pleasure from being on top in those reactions. Power can be extremely enjoyable without being sexual.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Knots

One thing to keep in mind is that BDSM is about power exchange, which is a basic principle in society in general. We agree to voluntary power exchange with our teachers, our bosses, our elected officials, and more. Some people derive considerable pleasure from being on top in those reactions. Power can be extremely enjoyable without being sexual.

As can surrendering power; don't forget all those poor ickle subs which lend themselves to you, Sebby! xd

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Smallest

I'm debating that it's not, but I didn't write the question. I modified it for posting here (and also just did from memory instead of copying it.

Here is it, in the exact wording from my professor:

The pleasure that some people get from the violence involved in consensual sadomasochistic activity is not sexual.

In that wording, it's a flawed question, because it's obviously sexually gratifying in some ways, but not in others.

Fileboom Premium Account

Aibo

Hruph - clears throat.

No this is not that's purely sexual, at least not to me or those who are involved in this in the style we do it. It is more so, a special kind of relationship where belonging is a strong part, and I have also noted that quite a number are very strong romantics!

The idea that this is a psychological disorder have been put to test both in my country as well as in several others such as Norway the other year, where I spend part of the year in fact.

It is true that some who are into this have some wires crossed, no small part to the fact that we're a bit misfits since we got wishes and urges that are quite incompatible with the politically correct society in which we live. So we have to deal with a bit of conflict, and only those of us who are strong are well adopted, and not all of us can be that, and so we got a number of neurotics I am afraid to say.
(Then again we would have been perfectly adapted citizens in ancient Greek or Rome, or even more recently in part of the Arabic world. Even seen as excellent examples since we cared for our slaves - haha! Yes I joke a bit there, but perhaps you see my point.)

So now I am not the slightest submissive myself, yet I do think I have some insight after my previous relationships. And there I can see one thing that is common in other species, that some simply are happy to take on one submissive role in the flock. Also the fact that many submissives do look for multiple relationship hint that I might be right about this. They really appear to be wired for being one among many = a flock or herd more than other people.

Fileboom Premium Account

Kor

Here is it, in the exact wording from my professor:

In that wording, it's a flawed question, because it's obviously sexually gratifying in some ways, but not in others.

The question is flawed. Sadism doesn't require violence.

It sounds like he's fishing for a particular answer. If you intend to get a good grade, the "correct" answer may depend on supporting his preconceptions.

Fileboom Premium Account