Is 1/4 inch thick rope sufficient?

RS1981

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I'm planning on buying a Strict Leather bondage set at the end of the month, and I'm wondering if the 1/4" nylon rope that comes with it is thick enough for bondage. I read the FAQ and L8NightQ mentioned 3/16" rope but my math sucks so I don't know what that is in simplified fractions lol. I'm getting it from Extreme Restraints and I generally trust the site but I just want to be sure.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

L8NightQ

Hi RS -

Just happened to log in and see this.

If I said 3/16 I was mistaken. I meant just over 1/4 which would be 5/16.

Braided or twisted nylon is better than polypropylene, which feels the same at first, but actually irritates the skin after a while. Make sure you whip the ends.

Get some at the hardware store and try it out. Any bigger and it changes the size of your knots a little to much, but then, everyone's different.
Go with what feels best for you.

To everyone else - Miss you guys.... Been on contract and working long hours since Feb.
I'm sure I'll be back.

Fileboom Premium Account

Dark McArthur

Some of the best ties I've seen looked tight but weren't actually and could be tightened or losened by either sliding knots, or changing the models position. For example, in a breast bondage shoot, the model is tied above and below her breasts and with a small length of rope, make loops between the top and bottom robe in her cleavage. That way, you can increase the pressure on the breasts by pulling or losening the short rope. Worth a try.

Fileboom Premium Account