Iowa man gets 15 years for making an order of alleged pre-teen mangas

praefect

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Stuff like this has been bothering me for a while. Recently, well, maybe 8 months or so ago now, they outlawed that people have the POTENTIAL appearance of being underage when engaged in sex in Germany. That doesn't only mean infantalism (or whatever you call it) and other kinds of age play, it also means two adults in an consensual activity that involves a school girl uniform or a cheerleader outfit is now against the law, even if they're not age playing at all, because that would just turn people into predators and pedophiles I suppose.

Nobody's been prosecuted yet, not that I heard of, but the existence of this law alone makes me very sad.

One of the reasons I'm posting here and not on a German board is that if I wanted to participate on a German BDSM related forum I would have to go through an age verification procedure that includes giving my real name and address in writing to a Post Office person, something that is than put into the hands of some third party that will have the ability to track all the content that requires age verification that I try to access.

The thought of having my actual name linked to online accounts somewhere, places where I want to talk about things I wouldn't want to talk about in the open with just anyone, especially not with people that outlaw cheerleader uniforms just because they felt like it, have put infrastructure in place to store all online activity of every German citizen, now are putting infrastructure in place for broad censorship of the web, people that seem to have a totalitarian itch that needed scratching, ... well, I'm here now, aren't I, and I'm not going to stay in Germany itself much longer either.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

subspace

The thought of having my actual name linked to online accounts somewhere, places where I want to talk about things I wouldn't want to talk about in the open with just anyone, especially not with people that outlaw cheerleader uniforms just because they felt like it, have put infrastructure in place to store all online activity of every German citizen, now are putting infrastructure in place for broad censorship of the web, people that seem to have a totalitarian itch that needed scratching, ... well, I'm here now, aren't I, and I'm not going to stay in Germany itself much longer either.

I had no idea this sort of thing was going on in 'civilized' societies! This is truly scary!

Fileboom Premium Account

praefect

It really is scary :(

There was an election coming up just before the internet censorship law that passed recently (which, by the way, got a legal right to ignore our own constitution), and people were practically tripper over themselves to top one another in things they want to have banned, up to a point where newspapers got worried at one point that they wouldn't able to post about much more than the weather if some of the proposed anti-violence proposals would have made it into the bill.

There were people that spoke out against it, but all of them were branded as pedophile supporters and people who would like to see children being abused. I got the sense in all the news reports that the media itself was to worried to even touch the subject with a ten foot pole.

"I don't think it is right to give the government this much control over information"
"Why do you hate children, why do you want to make them suffer?!?"

Ugh. Scary indeed.

Australia seems to get a lot of attention for it's internet filter plan, but the truth is that it's happening in a lot of places around the globe, not just in Australia and not just in Germany, and I believe mostly in so called "civilized" societies.

Fileboom Premium Account

Master_J

And here i used to always say i would love to visit Germany. This is dissapointing news, indeed.

And as for the OP's post, that is ridiculous. That poor guy probably just liked manga, and to be thrown in prison for it? Thats horrible. 15 years in prison for collecting manga.... This world truly is a sad place.

The path that "civilized" societies are taking is only going to lead to eventual Anarchy.

Goverment overstepping their boundaries, over-exerting power, will only lead to eventual chaos and revolting. Civil war will come someday, and with today's technology, its going to be far worse than any previous civil war.

Fileboom Premium Account