I'm getting published!

Discussion in 'Section open for any subject to discuss' started by Smallest, May 12, 2012.

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Twice over- a short story by one publisher, for an anthology, and a novel by another (which I may have mentioned before). And I'm hopefully submitting to some more anthologies, because for one, money, and for another, I need to stay int he habit of writing.

Y'all are gonna read some, right? ;)

Anyway, more than blatant self advertising, this is me being proud. I never expected to get published.

2. ickle_cat

ickle_cat New Member

i don't know you, but well done :)

i know how hard it is to stck to writing something through to the end. good job on sticking through it all :D

may scantily clad men/women of your preference rain down on you in large numbers! and may any enemies you have get mauled in the privates by angry badgers :)

3. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Thank you, ickle_cat. And I'm an idiot, this goes in the section above here. Moving the thread.

4. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will most definitely read and buy any book you have writing in! We creative writers have to stick together!

5. RopeRanger

RopeRanger Member

Sweet. That's great to hear.

6. Knots

Knots Member

Well done.

...Also, dyslexia struck rather amusingly; I read "published" as "punished", was a bit confused when I first read the thread...xd

7. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Well, some people see fit to announce that, Knotsy...

To the others, thank you, and I'll link it once it's out.

8. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Congrats, Smallest! As a published author myself, I know just how much work goes into that and how excited you must feel!

9. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Tell me, scholarly or fiction, Sebby?

10. GTG123

GTG123 Active Member

Congratulations!!! :-D

11. A1kon

A1kon Member

Well done!

12. Goddess_Jessy

Goddess_Jessy Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are amazing !

13. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Smallest--academic writing. I have about a dozen articles and one book to my name.

14. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

That's what I thought, Sebby, though I forgot to reply before.

Anway, the second thing to be picked up but first to be released is out. It is not BDSM (sadly, but I didn't want to push boundaries on an anthology)- just a sort of fluffy romantica short. The anthology in general is mostly sporty themed romantic erotica.
    The anthology is up for pre-order now as an ebook, but will be available in print and digital formats on July 7th. The individual stories will be released also as ebooks a little while after as well. There's mostly m/f stories, but two mfm and one m/m.

http://pinkpetalbooks.com/Boys-of-Summer-Anthology.html

If you're interested, I'd love to hear that you checked it out. For those who don't know, I'm Marie.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  15. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Last time I'm going to plug this book here (that's what networking sites are for).

The book is out officially, on Pink Petal Books, Amazon US, and Amazon UK. It will be up on Amazon Canada once it gets there, I don't know why it's taking so long.

Also, I got the cover for my contribution (when it gets released apart from the anthology). It's pretty standard, but I still like it.

[​IMG]
    The rest of the blurbs are at any of the links :) (and so far they're all very good, I'm about half way through the anthology).

Anyway, I don't want to spam, I'm just super excited about it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.