Icy Hot

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by RS1981, Feb 18, 2011.

1. RS1981

RS1981 Member

I was thinking about trying Icy Hot or something like it while we play, especially to take advantage of any possible sensitivity after bondage. Has anyone tried it?

2. phillyskin

phillyskin Member

I haven't used it in play but I'd be very careful using it on or near sensitive skin or wounds. Definitely try it before play time.

I use it all the time, which is why I know that if I get it on my neck it's stings BAD for some time. It also has some serious hang time, it will take a thorough washing to get it off your hands, etc.

3. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

I've never used it, but many doms do use it for pain play. Be careful where you put it--for example it's probably not a good idea to put on the soft tissues of the vagina or the anus, or on broken skin (so don't use it if you've drawn blood or caused a lot of welting). Be prepared to wash it off with a sponge or damp cloth if the sub can't handle it. Especially if you've made the skin sensitive with impact play or hot wax, a little will go a long way.

4. phillyskin

phillyskin Member

Soap too, it's remarkably difficult to wash off, especially when you need to get it off fast.

edit: Try experimenting with generics as well, they're often not as intense (or expensive).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. RS1981

RS1981 Member

Good advice, thanks guys. I'll definitely try to look for a generic alternative too, it can be expensive. She's also somewhat fair skinned so a less intense alternative would probably be a good idea to start out with anyway.

6. SplitInTwain

SplitInTwain New Member

Advice: don't use shampoo on your cock. It will make the skin sore, then cause it to turn into a hard, dead crust, which painfully flakes off. Don't ask how I know that.

Also, this is what happens when you put IcyHot on your genitals:
    Audio Clip

7. RS1981

RS1981 Member

LMAO don't worry I'm not planning to use it anywhere below the waist, that shit was funny as hell though lol.

8. sugar

sugar Member

Don't use it. period

9. P.S.Eudonym

P.S.Eudonym Member

@Split: I recall a story about a guy who made that mistake floating around the net some 12 years ago... .

In general, I'd stay away from chemical agents that produce heat or cold. Or maybe just chemical agents in general. Those things usually have very specific appliances and unless specifically designed for the much softer tissue of genitals, chances they are bad are usually in the 10:1 and up area.

If you want something for senseplay after bondage, I can recommend massage oils. Most of them have a warming effect, enhanced by the massage motion and usually feel very good on sore areas. Back when I did martial arts tournaments, my ex used to massage me with oils after. The relaxation this provides is indescribable.

10. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

You might consider mint or cinnamon oil, both of which can be fairly intense when applied on the skin directly.

11. RS1981

RS1981 Member

P.S. and seb, those are both good ideas. I never considered mint or cinnamon oil because I didn't realize they had that effect on skin. I'll have to look into both of your ideas.

12. joshuaty2010

joshuaty2010 Banned

I've heard also about using the cinnamon oil although i haven't yet tried but if i have chance, i will try it too.

13. PrettyLittleDamsel

PrettyLittleDamsel New Member

I like the sound of cinnamon oil, does anyone know where you can get it from?

14. Nuka

Nuka Member

Health food shops (lush, holland and barrat, bodyshop)

Or anywhere that sells incense (just be careful with those types of oils though - read up!)

15. PrettyLittleDamsel

PrettyLittleDamsel New Member

I'll get down to H&B tomorrow, thank you :)