I need some reliable locks

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by RS1981, Sep 5, 2011.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. RS1981

RS1981 Member

I recently bought the 4 pack steel masterlocks from extreme restraints http://www.extremerestraints.com/locks-hardware_56/4pk-steel-masterlocks_2265.html for our bondage gear, but my pet was playing around with them and said one of the locks was bad. I know the adage you get what you pay for, and maybe that was the problem, I was going for price and overlooked quality this time, but extreme restraints typically has some quality stuff. Can anyone suggest some quality locks we can use?

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium
  2. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Buy the hardware store ones. I know a brand, but it escapes me. One of the brassy looking ones, they're good unless you leave them out in the weather for a couple years (we use them on animal pens).

3. Agreed with Smallest..

Usually Masterlock has some high quality locks that without extreme punishment. They also come in a variety of appearances to match ones equipment set. I do think they even sell twin packs and four packs too!

4. RS1981

RS1981 Member

I did buy the 4 pack as I said, and one of the locks was weak. I'm not sure about getting to a hardware store anytime soon. I might just try the other brass locks they sell and hope they hold up better. 3 out of 4 isn't bad, but obviously it would be nice if they all worked properly.

5. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

Masterlock makes some amazing locks, and they've been doing it so long, their quality is unmatched, not to mention their price is an industry standard. If you cant make it to the hardware store, simply google "Masterlock" and you won't be disappointed.

6. RS1981

RS1981 Member

They were the Masterlock brand, which surprised me that one of them broke. I know about the quality. Maybe it was just bad luck.

7. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

if it was a Masterlock and it broke, contact them and they will replace it, usually free of charge. It's why they have such a solid reputation. Every company that produces a product is bound to have one in every so many thousand that just doesn't meet quality standards. That's just to be expected, but the fact they will make it right when that one is found is what sets them apart.

8. Aibo

Aibo Member

@Smallest: Brassy looking, quite a number of those. The best in my view are ASSA. And happens to come in that colour at times. =)

9. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I know, that's why I wanted to remember the brand. But alas, I'm far from the farm now...

Either way, this doesn't need ones that hold up for years of being rained on

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM