how long can hands be held above head?

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

The problem with keeping the hands elevated for long periods of time is that the blood will drain out of them. If the tissue is deprived of blood for too long, it will start to suffer damage from oxygen deprivation. This is not, so far as I know, something that can be addressed through training, because it's a physical limit. My bondage mentor taught me that the dom should periodically check any body parts that are tied off to make sure that they are not getting noticeably cold, because that is a sign that damage might be occurring. So check her hands every 5-10 minutes, and once they begin to drop in temperature (or start to turn blue), they need to be untied or at least lowered to allow proper blood flow to return.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

L8NightQ

bg -

Ties look easy but can get really complicated. I'd like to add to Seb's advice.

Any time you tie someone up..... hands behind, hands above, or in front or tied to something, you put their circulatory system and nervous system at risk. As long as you follow the rules you shouldn't have any problems.
Check your sub for coldness in the hands. Check you sub for tingling as any appendage can go to sleep (this almost always happens anyway, but needs monitoring), and always watch your sub for pain in the joints. Extended positions can cause inflammation that can increase over time, sometimes to the point of "frozen shoulder". Trust me.... you don't want her to get that. Look it up.

Also, check her both immediately after, and a day or two after to see if there is any long term damage. Use this feedback each time to guide future sessions. Everybody is different.

Learn about the sensitivities of tying. Look up stuff online
Try this link for starters it's a good quick guide, but don't stop there;
BDSM Backroom Bondage Lesson
http://www.bcwsd.com/backroom/library/articles_us/bkurs01.htm

Buy a book.
I suggest you get a copy of "Loving Dominant" "SM101" or "The New Topping Book". They are all good ones to have for reference.
PM me if you like. I may have some PDF materials you can use.

Welcome to the forum. I saw you on the other place, but I was thought I might wear out my welcome cause I tell lots of them to come here.

Hope this helps

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

As a follow up to what L8 said, when you tie a rope or belt around a limb, be careful to not put too much pressure on the arteries, because it can damage the artery and cut off blood flow. To simplify the anatomy a bit, the arteries run along the inside of the limb. So if you run a rope tightly around the bicep (horizontally), it is often a good idea to then slide the rope vertically underneath the horizontal strands (on the inside of the limb) so that the horizontal strands don't compress the artery too much. I'm not sure if what I'm trying to describe is clear; the books L8 suggests will help with better descriptions and diagrams.

Also, many subs like the 'pins and needles' feeling when a sleeping joint wakes up, but it can become unpleasant if the limb has been asleep for too long. Keep that in mind when you play. If you take your sub to her limit with pain play, the aftermath with pins and needles may be unpleasant, because by the time pins and needles set in, she may have exhausted her tolerance. So if you're doing an extreme session, leave some room for the aftermath. Massaging the affected limb can help reduce this.

Fileboom Premium Account