how a dom thinks

Kor

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I present myself as a dominant, but basically I'm just a simple uncomplicated sadist.

Acting as a dominant I get to express my sadistic urges, but dominance isn't so much what I am as a path to get where I want to be. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy dominance thoroughly, even though doing a decent job of it takes a lot of time and effort, which I don't always have enough of to do a proper job of it on the long term.

I'm not a dominant because I have a desire to bend people to my will, I'm a dominant because that's the most practical way to express part of myself.

It has always been a source of wonder to me that there are people who will put up with my urges to get their own itch scratched. A submissive will put up with a lot to get what they want.

Still, I've spent many idle hours trying to figure out what makes a sub tick. Some are probably masochists, though I don't think I've ever actually met one. A fair number have self-esteem issues, bad incidents in their past, or whatever. Those are your classical subs that psychologists used to write about; obviously, they were submissive because something was wrong with them.

That idea has pretty much gone away now, as BDSM has come out of the closet and perfectly ordinary people with no obvious mental problems acknowledge they like to be ordered around or treated in ways that weren't socially acceptable until very recently. Submissives aren't people with problems, they're people with problems who also happen to be submissives.

I had developed the theory that submissives were primarily driven by a desire for attention, possibly because that was such a visible facet of the first ones I dealt with. Over time I encountered subs who were much more internalized, which was a relief, because dealing with an emotionally needy sub wears me down.

My current theory is that, while attention is still a factor, many subs are also driven by what I call, for lack of a better way to put it, a desire for direction, or perhaps order. They are happy when they know precisely what is expected of them, and the limits they operate within. Not just "you will be punished if you are late", but things like "you will meet me at the theater across the mall at 7 o'clock. Wear the green outfit."

I hear a lot about "desire to submit" and similar things, but those concepts are so alien to me I keep trying to rationalize their behavior into reasons I can understand.

Things were a lot simpler when submission was thought of as a mental illness... you could just drop someone into the appropriate box and not spend any time trying to figure out what made them tick.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Some subs are very service-oriented (like my slave). He finds a great deal of pleasure in following my commands as perfectly as possible, and wants to be praised when he performs well. He struggles with low self-esteem (and actually had a crisis a month or so ago that I talked about on this forum), and I've been using praise for performance as a way to help build up his self-esteem. He likes the idea of being the alpha slave and organizing my household for me. He's a waiter, and really takes good table service seriously as well. I think in the 19th century, he would have made a very good butler.

Subs like this enjoy a sense of reflected glory. He takes very seriously the principle that if I don't look good, he doesn't look good. So when we go out in leather, he loves dressing me, getting the lint off my shirt, and keeping my boots in good shape. He wants other boys to envy him for having such a hot master.

I think that subs like him feel overwhelmed by the degree of freedom that modern society ascribes to people (what the 19th century sociologist Durkheim called anomie, the sense that there are no rules to structure one's life and choices. Submission provides a comforting framework within which to live their lives, because the choices are simpler and more clear. Deciding what you want to do with your life is a lot tougher than deciding how much time to put into cleaning your master's apartment.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Kor

I think that subs like him feel overwhelmed by the degree of freedom that modern society ascribes to people (what the 19th century sociologist called anomie, the sense that there are no rules to structure one's life and choices. Submission provides a comforting framework within which to live their lives, because the choices are simpler and more clear.

Ah, that's much closer to what I was trying to say than what I managed to write!

Fileboom Premium Account

WallFlower

No comments from the subs?

Or do we have to beat it out of you?

Tempting, but I'll go and volunteer.

As far as I can tell, what makes me tick is Objectification. I love the idea of being used as just another possession, no different from a chair or trinket. There is perhaps a touch of anomie in my fetish; a chair has no need for decisions nor say in its upholstery and I find being ordered about is quite appealing. Despite this, I don't find myself afraid of the freedoms of modern society. Quite the opposite in fact; outside of the bedroom, I'm rather ambitious.

Fileboom Premium Account

Topsbottom

Outside of the bedroom I am VERY independent. I have no problem making decisions and being in charge. Recently I discovered that because of the amount of responsibility I carry outside of the bedroom, I want to be completely submissive in the bedroom. I’ve always preferred sex on the rough side so Dom/sub seemed like the avenue I needed to explore. I need to hand over the reins. Let the Dom make all the decisions and demands. By doing this, I feel an overall balance within me.

Did society have any influence in this decision? Not that I'm aware of. Do I have a bunch of mental illness and skeletons in my closet? Nope. Just a lot of curiosity and an insatiable sexual appetite.

Fileboom Premium Account

MainMan

I was told not so long ago that I've got desires for control because I had issues with my father while growing up. I wouldn't say this is outlanding, and Freudian psychology would place me in about that same position, but it more amused me than actually impacted anything about me.
Although, while I wouldn't put this to print without any sort of study myself, I'm sure most people with "sexual deviation" have some sort of childhood experience, growing up issues, or some other thing that greatly shaped them without really realizing it.

Again, this is just my speculation, but I'm sure submission comes more into a very strong desire to nurture bonding with sexual desire. A sub wants to please and make another happy. It just so happens that sexual play is one of the best ways to please. Similarly, some of us want to lead and command, others want to follow and obey.

Really think of it this way: Think of the feeling you have when dominating. A rush, thrill, happiness, excitement, or any other feeling you have. It's probably hard to explain that past saying it's just what you like. I'm sure it's exactly the same for a sub serving and doing something that pleases the one that she is 'nurturing'.

Just my 2 cents.

Fileboom Premium Account

kajmir

For me:

Most of what Topsbottom said with a "Just the sheer kink of it" thrown in.
I'm kind of simply really, the actual kink factor it's self can turn me on to an extreme.
There's 2 things that turn me on, neither I would EVER touch with a 100 foot pole in reality, I'd be utterly disgusted, but the sheer kink factor of them in fantasy, I physically get wet considering them.

Fileboom Premium Account