Eye glasses

KinkyPink

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

A spanking with a yardstick, while being forced to memorize the history of the Dewey Decimal System..... mmmmm.....

Why the history?

BTW: Librarians at my local main library should get real hard spanking, they think it's OK that computer languages are organized by the book's author's last name and not by language :mad:. Esperanto has it's own category and it's man made, just like C or Objective-C or Java... :mad:Inconsistent :mad:.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

KinkyPink

It's quite easy [Library of Congress].
I've mastered both Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress, unfortunately.
Another thing to add to the 'Worthless Information' pile I've accumulated over my life... haha.

;D

Why unfortunately? You gain a deeper understanding of a system when you can compare it to another one. :-B

Seriously, if the only tool you have is a hammer: all the different problems look like nails.

I do get the LoC now, heavily based on politics, diplomacy and english language. And why wouldn't it be?

Fileboom Premium Account

KinkyPink

It was 50p a day (1 dollar? I dunno) last time I had an overdue book. But bit wasn't my fault, the library said they closed 1pm Saturdays and slamed the door in my face 12pm...bloody stupid bastards :mad:

That sucks.

In Finland we have high taxes, so that helps with the fines. Also go to Internet and you can add another month to your loan (you can keep the book for 6 months, unless someone else makes a reservation). There's also a drop-in box in the wall, so if the library is closed: just drop it in. By the time you have like 10€ worth of fines; no loans 'till you pay up. :)

Fileboom Premium Account