Explaining marks?

subspace

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

So I cancelled a doctor's visit a few weeks ago b/c I had too many marks to explain away (it was an annual physical). Well I rescheduled it for next week and as of right now I would cancel again but if I get no more new marks I think I'll be okay to go. I know the lady that will take blood this week will at least give me some strange looks. Has anyone every had to explain strange marks and cuts to a doctor (not a counselor)? What did you say, what happened?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Sparrow69

Doctors are different, as they are bound by oath the accept what you say as a consenting adult. they can usually tell when something is afflicted as opposed to accident, so if you lie, they may see through it and feel obligated to report possible domestic violence, and then you find yourself explaining a lot more to more people, like police and detectives. Your best bet is always to be honest. when you tell them the truth, the most they can do is advise you against such course of action, but regardless of their personal vis, they have to accept your choices. They can also check the marks to make sure that none are the result of deeper, more permanent damage.

Here's a thought to ponder. If you were in a horrible car accident, would you rather your doctor know which bruises were already there so they can be ruled out of what needs to be looked at immediately to save your life, or would you rather them examine every mark and bruise then, possibly wasting valuable time to correct a major problem?

Fileboom Premium Account

RRR1609

This isn't exactly the same, but it's along the lines. My (vanilla) boyfriend doesn't know about my BDSM relationship, but we don't do sexual things so my master can leave as many marks as he wants under my clothes. Well, last night I was wearing really short shorts and my boyfriend saw my bruises and kind of freaked out. Heehee....I told him I ran into a popcorn machine that is at my work and he completely believed me. I find that people prefer to believe a silly excuse rather than thinking it is the cause of something bad. People in general don't want to have to deal with the truth because they're usually too absorbed in their own problems to want to take on other people's.

Fileboom Premium Account

Nyx

subspace

I have figured out that the idea of my doctor becoming upset with me and reprimanding me is really turning me on. Isn't that horrible? I need not create D/s scenario in the doctor's office (we already have a weird sexual tension thing going on). It used to upset me when he would fuss at me about taking my medication wrong now I think I am seeking out the conflict. I am really going to make an effort to just go and not manufacture a fun scene that the doctor is not a willing player in. Wow, my psych/counseling degree is coming in handy today, a little self analysis is a good thing.
Anyone else ever create this sort of thing/situation? It's embarrassing and childish, but thank you for helping me figure it out!

Fileboom Premium Account

I have recently been pulling OLP's hair roughly to one side, in order to expose her gorgeous pale neck and inflict a lovebite. 'Hicky' in the States? [I'm very pale too, but not a vampire . . . . honest].
These have not been too bad, but I might improve the next one, I know they are adolescent and childish, but apart from a 'property of' tattoo, it's the next best thing, and anyway, it turns me on. Nuff said. :)

Fileboom Premium Account

'Hicky' in the States?

No idea about in the US, but they call it that up in North Wales; down here I heard it was called a 'grotty' and someone I know recently called it a 'tramp stamp' :confused:

I'm not really keen on the idea of a 'property of' tattoo, but a lovebite, childish as it may be, is a nice little temporary mark. I've been told I can expect a caning at some point in the future, which I heard can leave its mark on the skin for days or even weeks afterwards, so I wouldn't want any where they could be seen, especially if I have to visit my parents or something like that; if I needed to keep a part of my body hidden, my mother would get suspicious, and if faced with marks like that would more than likely call the police :(

Fileboom Premium Account