Emotional Attachment?

l0v3ly

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I was wondering if any of you more experience doms out there have any tips for preventing getting emotionally attatched to your sub or at least how to put any sort of attatchment to your sub behind you during play. I'm still fairly new to the scene, and that seems to be the biggest issue for me. It never stops me from wanting to play with my sub once we get started, but it just makes some things difficult until then or after.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Lovely, it depends on what you mean by 'attached'. Do you mean that you feel a sense of respect for your sub, and that makes it hard to spank her or do whatever else you want to do to her? Or do you mean that you don't want to risk falling in love with her, that you want to be able to just walk away after a one-session fling?

Fileboom Premium Account

l0v3ly

Anna well yes I understand that there has to be some sort of attatchment. I'm talking about something a little more intense than just the normal attatchment.

Sebastian, it's a little bit of both. Definitely more the "don't want to risk falling in love with her, that you want to be able to just walk away after a one-session fling" though. Although I'm pretty sure I'm past that point. And we aren't just a one session fling...I've been her mistress on and off for about a year now, but the wanting to be able to just walk away thing is spot on.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

BDSM can be a powerful bonding force. For me, when a sub lowers his defenses and lets me in to see the genuine him, I find it very compelling. And when he lets me torture him, I want to take care of him. I think that many doms feel something similar, or variations on that. In fact, I tend to worry a little about the doms who DON'T bond with their subs at least a little. Holding the sub at arm's length while you torture them seems sort of wrong to me.

Fileboom Premium Account

l0v3ly

Right. I agree with you there. I must not be doing a good job in explaining what I mean. I'm not talking about having just a bond with my sub. I know that we need to get along and have a bond. I'm talking about keeping yourself from getting TOO attatched to your sub. I feel like unless you're actually dating outside of the sub/dom relationship (which my sub and I are not and cannot) it's not normal to let yourself, especially as the dom, fall for the other. Or maybe I'm wrong here but to me that doesn't seem normal or healthy for our d/s relationship either for that matter. I feel like it should just be "you are my sub. I am your dom. I treat you like a fuck toy, and then leave until next time." Or am I wrong?

Fileboom Premium Account