Dominance & pets

Ceilidh

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

This may be kinda random, but I was wondering if anyone (especially the Doms) have any dominance problems with pets.

The reason I'm asking is because my friend says he can't have a male dog because him and the dog fight for dominance -- basically one huge pissing contest between man and dog, lol. However if he has a female dog he doesn't have that problem. He isn't into bdsm, however I can see a lot of dominance in every aspect of him.

I however feel like my own dog and cat walk all over me, and don't listen half of the time.

I know the whole dominance thing with animals depends upon each animal, they aren't all created the same. But I was just wondering if anyone else, dom or sub, has noticed anything like this with their pets.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Hmm, in my last relationship, my female dog seemed to get a bit jealous, and would always be coming in and out, jumping on the bed and cuddling up to me for a sleep when I was trying to concentrate on orders and so on, and would scratch the doors and bark if she was shut out of the room :(

My male cat, however, was exactly the opposite, and would turn his head away out of respect if we so little as cuddled :rotfl:

Fileboom Premium Account

kajmir

As I am dom in all other aspects except the bedroom, yes I do.
I had the little teacup poodle mix...all of 1/2 a pound, she was dominate and I dominate.

Damn near killed her (not litterally). It was endless wars, finally I find a couple for her.
Although dominate cats dnon't bother me, I have one right now that is submissive and affectionate to an extreme...makes me nuts, never 5 minutes to myself.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

I've been a dog person all my life, so I may not be able to relate to some who have this problem, but I can tell you that with dogs, and cats, they know who's boss... especially when "they" are.

Any animal that doesn't get it after the second time you tell them something (under normal circumstances) questions whether there is any penalty for not listening. (sound familiar?)

For a dog, get up and come after them, or throw something at them to get their attention (I mean a magazine or box of tissue.... not a clock or statue). Let them know you mean what you said. I did say dog, not child.
Also if you don't train your dog with rewards (and discipline) for specific commands and expectations, you're asking for trouble (s f?).

I don't know as much about cats, but I can tell you that the last one that lived with us knew I had a squirt gun and wasn't afraid to use it.

I can't imagine a true Dominant that would lose at "who's the boss" with a dog or whose cat didn't know when it was time to leave.

If I was a sub, I would not accept a Dom/me who couldn't master their own dog.

For cats.... I'll defer to Bound Peril's statement. It's one of my favorites.

Fileboom Premium Account