Diet/exercise/weight loss thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Today I went on what was arguably my most comfortable walk :)

I found an old pair of trainers under my bed. They are about 2 sizes too small, and full of holes (which, given that it was raining, was far from ideal) but I thought sod it, I'll give them a go. Found one of my few pairs of socks that haven't worn down in the heel, and off I went. I felt like I was walking on a cloud; usually, on the return walk, my feet are in agony, but today I got home with only the vaguest of soreness on my soles :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Well, the top of my feet were hurting from the trainers being too tight, but at least I didn't need to put pressure on that part of my foot. And I woke up this morning to find that a seeming infection in one of my big toes appears to have spread, so I'll be getting that sorted next week :( And a blister that was causing me pain is now deflating, so I guess my feet are either getting used to being worked hard, or are just learning to heal more quickly :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Sluttysub: Thanks, I know it gets better. Our doctor assured us of that. We are going to start her in rice cereal within the week. We are told it keeps her asleep longer than formula does. Yay for that. Right now our days off are different so we only have 3 days of the week that we both have to struggle for sleep. Its not as bad as it could be.

Sebastian: I didn't know that about burning calories. I was speaking from my experience with an ulcer. It hurt so bad to eat I would eat maybe half a bowl of soup a day and snacking I crackers throughout the day. I had no health insurance so I waited a month to get it from work. In that month I lost 30lbs. It was very unhealthy and near the end I was losing almost 2lbs a day. A few days I was close to going to the ER. The weight loss was great, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

On another note I have lost 2lbs since my wife has told me to only eat with her permission. One less meal a day and I only get half of what I usually order at fast food places when we eat out has helped a lot. Yay for progress!

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Handcuff: Yow. That sounds awful. Last summer I struggled with pancreatitis, had three separate attacks of it. It left me unable (and frankly unwilling) to eat anything but amazingly bland food. I would eat two crackers and then stop. And I had no energy, so all I could do was lie on the couch and watch television.

Obviously, if you're not eating at all, you're going to lose weight. But you're also going to be losing muscle mass, vitamins, and in the long run even bone density. And it can screw up all sorts of the body's regulatory systems, like temperature control, menses, and more.

Fileboom Premium Account

I've just messed up :(

I didn't walk today, when I was meant to. But my back is still giving me problems, and my hip has decided to join my failing body parts :(

Also, despite having a cupboard full of healthy foods, I am sitting here tucking into a plate of chips. Hot, fluffy chips with lashings of salt, vinegar and tomato sauce. The only reason I bought them was because I could smell some in a cafe and I got a craving :(

I'm not going to let these issues ruin all my hard work so far though :mad: Tomorrow I will be doing another walk, and will be eating either pasta or various different vegetables with some grilled meat/fish, and brown bread :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Well, I now feel like shit after eating those chips :(

As for weight gain, I'm not sure. As I've stated somewhere else here, I'm not doing this for weight loss purposes, but to change my shape. At most, I am the average weight for a woman my age and height, and might even be a bit underweight. If I can achieve my aim of a flat stomach, I have the feeling I'll definitely be underweight.

Before I began to obsess about my 'pregnancy' belly, I was fretting about being too thin. But I had, and still have, no idea of how you can healthily gain weight. If you're finding this difficult, I can only guess that your metabolism must be too high, but maybe you could see your doctor, to get some answers/advice? :confused:

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Status
Not open for further replies.