Diet/exercise/weight loss thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I'm finding my crappy sleep pattern doesn't help with my eating routine. I don't do breakfast, dinner and tea because I'm not up early enough for breakfast, and am up until really late. Being able to get up and go to sleep at sensible times would really help :(

I'm going to buy some wholemeal bread and pasta while out walking tomorrow. I want to experiment with loads of different recipes, but having no fridge freezer makes things a bit awkward :mad:

Cheers for the exercise advice by the way, Sebastian. I will have to look for an exercise mat of some kind, so that I can do such exercises in comfort. And in the meantime, after only a week of walking, I'm now finding myself getting tired a lot earlier, and going to bed earlier. However, I'm not finding myself feeling bright enough to get up earlier just yet :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Well, I've discovered why my right foot is so sore after so long walking. I walk wearing army boots, with two thick socks on each foot, because the boots are a bit too roomy. The socks I wear on my right foot have worn down to nothing, both of them, with huge holes where I am applying the most pressure on my foot, so that my bare skin is coming into contact with the inside of the boot. So now I need to find new socks. Does anyone have any idea how long I have to keep these walks up before my feet stop hurting? :(

I've also bought some wholemeal bread and wholewheat pasta today, to make my diet even healthier still :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

As your body gets used to exercising regularly, you will probably find your sleep patterns adapting. You'll get to sleep easier because you're tired, and you will then start to wake up earlier. If you force yourself to eat breakfast at a regular time, you will start getting hungry in anticipation of it.

As for your shoes, I would suggest getting some cheap, proper-fitting sneakers or running shoes. If you're doing a lot of walking, you want decent shoes to avoid long-term damage to your feet.

Fileboom Premium Account

sluttysub

sebastian

Fasting is a very bad tool for weight loss. Your body burns calories at a high rate in the first three hours or so after eating. After about three hours, your body reduces its burn rate to conserve energy until the next meal. So fasting actually lowers the rate at which your body burns calories. Eating a small meal or modest snack every 3 hours or so keeps your body burning at a high level.

Fileboom Premium Account

Another walk in the rain today :( And I took a different route, too, which made me feel lost and confused :(

On a good note though, the route I usually take took about an hour one way in the beginning, and now, as I've got used to walking faster, and not slowing down so often, I'm managing to go in one direction in just half an hour :)

I'm now considering buying a foot spa for when I get back from each walk, as I think my feet need pampering after the torture I've put them through :( I'm finding that one days' rest in between walks isn't long enough to allow my feet to heal, so when I make an appointment to see my doctor about an unrelated foot problem, I'm going to get advice on how to do this properly; what footwear is best, how much walking can be done safely between breaks, how long those breaks should be and so on :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

It's nice to see some progress early on, isn't it? It gives you encouragement to stick with it. I find that varying my walking or biking route helps me avoid getting bored.

Again, I do think you should buy some basic walking shoes or cross-trainers. Army boots are notoriously harsh on feet until the feet get used to it, in the form of callouses.

Fileboom Premium Account

Status
Not open for further replies.