Dealing with ex-masters

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

So my best guy friend and I had started a D/s relationship, I being the sub. It was both our first time doing it, but we both loved it. As mentioned in previous posts, it went south and we stopped. We're still good friends, but I don't know how to stop feeling like his sub. He's been trying to get me to keep my submissive side, specifically based on my clothing. His intentions (he says) are not to order me to wear what I wear, but to keep that part of me from slipping away. He asks for pictures so he can see, and tell me I look great to encourage me to keep dressing like who I "really" am. The whole thing is very reminiscent of when he was my dom and I dunno how to stop feeling that way.

So I guess my question is have any of you stayed friends with your old masters/subs? Or did you make a clean break?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Sounds like he's having trouble letting go too. Im a firm believer when a relationship ends, there needs to be some clear time apart to allow both parties to move on emotionally. He no longer has any right to try to ensure that your submissive side doesnt "slip away". Youre not his sub, it's not his concern. I know that sounds really cold, but it's the truth.

Too many people have a really hard time letting go, and for whatever reason, a harder time when it's the first D/s relationship. There's always the fear in the back of your mind that you will never find something like that again, the thought that you failed as a sub, or some other nonsense that we ALL feel at one point or another.

My suggestion is to distance yourself from him. Explain that he can not ask for pictures and that while it's very nice that he still cares about you, he needs to do so in the appropriate context of a friendship. (I'll bet you none of your other male friends as you for pictures like that). Just like youre having trouble letting go of being his sub, He's having trouble letting go of being your Dom. Totally natural. While one day, you guys may be able to be friends again, I suggest some serious distance for now to allow yourself time to reestablish as an individual.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

well my bf and I went on a break because some bad stuff was happening there. My best friend and I just kinda... well collided I guess. I have made some poor decisions, I'm not trying to defend myself. He was just really sweet, and we got into this and it was amazing. Then he stopped being so nice. When I got back with my bf we ended it. But it's still tense between us. He's got a gf now too. I think it was just b/c we did something so crazy together we just can't let it go.

Fileboom Premium Account

sillylittlepet

I think you just distance yourself from him for awhile

I dont have experience with ex-masters, but as far as ex-boyfriends go I'd say do stuff away from him. Dont hang out with him, to things with new people, dont text or talk to him as often. I know you guys are friends, but try to hang with other friends.

Do you still kind of like this guy?
If yes, then really really really move away. I've held on feelings for years because I stayed really close with ex-boyfriends and didnt give myself a chance to recover and get over it. Sounds like he needs that time too, then just back away. Make it easy

Technically you're both seeing new people, so you want to minimize this weirdness between you.

Fileboom Premium Account