Dangerous threads... delete account

Status
Not open for further replies.

random orbit

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hi all,

I haven't been here long at all, but have had to "system Restore" my laptop twice after clicking on threads here and am told that "Illegal activity detected".
This is clicking on a THread mind you, not a link posted within a thread!

So I think that security here may be a bit of an issue.

With this in mind, I went to User CP in the hope of finding a "delete account" button, just to be safe you understand.

I cannot find any such thing... I may not be looking in the right place though, and as I'm sure you may understand, I don't wish to be clicking away too much, as the security of the site is my issue.

So: Question is; How do I delete my account?

Cheers

ro

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Smallest

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

It sounds like you have a virus. The site isn't an illegal site to be on (unless maybe you're in China or North Korea), and no one else gets those. I've heard of viruses of that kind before, can't remember if they're just supposed to fuck with your system or something else.

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/04/23/beware-the-hostage-virus/
http://support.pandasecurity.com/blog/malware/how-to-disinfect-the-police-virus/
If you do a google search on the text, you'll find a ton of variations on the messages it pops up. In some cases you'll be asked to pay money to access the sites. This is not the fault of the sites (and looks like it comes up on a lot of gaming sites for some reason), but the virus.

Run a virus scan no matter what. It should not have come from SMplace or have anything to do with it, but if you want to delete you account try messaging the admin (dorei).

Actual advice aside, I don't really see why deleting your account would help. Even the wayback machine could access old posts, I imagine if you actually were doing something illegal the authorities could find out either way. Everything on the internet can end up permanent.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Status
Not open for further replies.