Customizing a Collar

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Rdom, Mar 20, 2010.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. Rdom

Rdom New Member

Hey all,
    My sub and I are pretty new to BDSM and I have just bought her a collar. We got her a pretty plain collar and for each anniversary, or other special occasion, instead of getting her jewelry or whatnot I would like to add on to her collar.

The problem is I'm not sure what can really be added to a leather collar. The only thing I can think of so far is metal studs (Like you see on belts). I'd like to eventually be putting on some precious stones or metals such as gold or diamonds, in some fashion, but I have no idea where I'd find these or what they'd be called.

Has anybody had experience with customizing their collars, or does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Rdom

Rdom New Member

Thanks for that site! I think I might actually customize/order our base collar from there.

However, I'm looking to start off plain (which I can do from here, which is great) and as months or years go by I'd like to add some of those little decorations. For instance, they have studs and gems available for their customization. I'd definitely be interested in finding somewhere that sold similar gems with that round base, ready to be attached to a collar. Considering this would be our replacement for jewelry and other high-budget items I'd be looking to place real gems, real gold etc onto the collar.

3. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Honestly, I think any professional jeweler could make something. You might have to explain exactly what you wanted, but I don't think it would be that difficult.

4. Rdom

Rdom New Member

I'd also like to find a nice padded box, probably made of some nice wood exterior and a plush, soft interior to keep the collar in. I know these exist, I just have no idea what they're called and my google attempts are failing pretty miserably.

Edit: I found they are called "Keepsake Boxes", so I'm getting some nice results with that! However most are not large enough to hold a 2.5" collar so I might be looking for a while. :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  5. subspace

subspace Member

Ill shoot a message over to GreyMac as he is our resident jeweler.
    I love that site by the way, very cool!

6. yea, I found it months ago. Ordered a simple one for the wife. I am thinking of getting cuffs and a belt for everyday use.

7. GreyMac

GreyMac Member

When we had our gallery we sold handmade boxes created by these folks. The work and wood are both top quality.

http://www.burlwoodbox.com/

8. Nataani

Nataani New Member

Another option is to make them out of paracord, I make mine from it. Once you learn a few ties you can easily build things into it, once you learn a few more the options are rather endless :)

JD of the two knotty boys has a Youtube channel offering step by step instruction on a whole host of knots and ties that could be used.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyingItAllTogether

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM