creepiest joplin tornado video

Moonlight

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

They had the one year anniversary last month and still I see video now and then on TV. I ran across this one recently. We live not far from Joplin, We have friends that were hit by this tornado while shopping there. They were saved only by the checkout counter. They ended up in a tiny pocket of debris being held up by the counter. Right over them were steel beams of the structure. I was packing an emergency bag ready to head to the city storm shelter while the weatherman was talking about the debris ball and how the tornado was doing major damage in Joplin. I have seen the first person joplin tornado on you tube and yes it gave me chills to hear them screaming as the tornado tore the gas station apart. This one though they are driving right through the area that was hit. One of them suggested pulling into the home depot for shelter. That Home Depot was leveled and several people died there. Perhaps it was seeing people taking shelter in stores or under the awnings of gas stations that were leveled that made it all the more chilling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CburjPYmSdo&feature=fvwrel

This is the video of the people in the gas station that was hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnvxJZucds

He went back to show what the gas station looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-P4P68YyNM

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Moonlight

Yes it was scary and horrifying. One of my friends was 20 weeks pregnant when her house was leveled. Her pelvis was shattered and she spent 8 hours not knowing if her baby survived. She did, thank god. Then two separate friends with their families in the wal mart that was leveled. One barely made it out alive and the other when the warnings went out told the staff that they could not force them to stay and chose to leave. They were on I 44 when the radio announced the wal mart they were just in was leveled.

My mom worked at Freeman and said the reason they are rebuilding St Johns on the other side of Joplin is because of how close the city came from having both hospitals wiped out in that tornado.

Fileboom Premium Account

Moonlight

We had a pretty big outbreak in 03. For a while there we could see where the tornadoes went through by the ripped up trees. Then we got hit with the mother of all ice storms and that damaged more trees. When another round of tornadoes went through it was tough to tell what was tornado damage and what was ice storm damage. Only in Missouri.

We went to Texas last week and everyone told us it is so hot, you'll be miserable. Well yes it was hot but not near as humid. It did not have the sweltering heat we get here.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

as someone who has lived through many a tornado, i can tell you that there is honestly nothing more terrifying the mother nature when she feels like being in an uproar. i remember laying in a roadside drainage ditch in a culvert looking out and watching a class 2 tornado rip trees out of my front yard when I was a boy. nothing you can ever do will fully prepare you for what the world can throw at you.

Fileboom Premium Account