Cleaning Leather Gear?

Martello

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hmm...not sure if either of these will help, but I'll put them to you anyway.

I started a thread here a few months ago, asking for the safest method to remove adhesive residue from PVC. One suggestion was WD40, which worked a treat, but I have no idea if it would work as well for cleaning leather. When I was given a replacement black leather 3-piece suite, every squre inch of leather was caked in mould :( Two and a half hours, and a bit of cheap washing up liquid and hot water later, they were like new again :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Kiwi Saddle Soap and Mink Oil.

Some petroleum products will make the color come off all over the place. See my comments at the end of the whip question.

there is also a cream that they sell at the leather shops but I don't have it now and can't remember the name

When you use the saddle soap, just work it in and wipe it out. If it's a whip, you have to get it out like drying someone's hair. When it dries rub mink oil in (not much) It will soak in and protect the leather. It may keep your item out of commission for a day or so, but I like the effect.
If you have bargain leather (like the kind at the cutie sex shops) expect to loose some color no mater what you do. Expect to loose a lot if you use vasoline, baby oil, or other petroleum based lubricants and solvents.

There are also products in the local hardware or grocery store for cleaning leather furniture.... spray on and wipe off. They work well also. I like saddle soap best, but it takes longer to use.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Martello

Martello