1. Carbon

Carbon New Member

Anyone thought of integrating a chat function, or maybe starting an IRC channel?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. master jey

master jey Moderator

Then why the hell we need forum
    chat with all it's flood isn't a good idea

3. sillylittlepet

sillylittlepet Active Member

some forums have an IRC!
    its not unheard of

4. master jey

master jey Moderator

Yes I know :)

5. kajmir

kajmir Member

I'm in.

If you create it, they will come....and some...will cum.

6. decoyicus

decoyicus Member

Chat would be good but jey does have a point spammers probably would abuse it but a block feature would solve that

7. sillylittlepet

those damn spammers! they ALWAYS ruin good things T^T

8. CodyLeash

CodyLeash New Member

I have a good bit of experience with IRC an methods of blocking spammers, I've used a couple of bots before that idle in the channel, you can add filters to them that block certain URL's, spam, language (not that its a problem here :p) an so on an so forth.
    It's relatively easy too, I don't mind hosting for bots, as I already have an IRC channel up :)

9. sillylittlepet

Cody, sounds you're the plan with skills

It might be a good idea to send OLP, Sparrow, or dorei a PM and see if they like the idea!

10. Hmm, or we could create an off-site chatroom protected with a password, which would be sent to people as a PM so that only forum users, and no trolls and spammers, can access it...I'll discuss it with Sparrow and Dorei and see what they say :)

11. MinXy

MinXy New Member

Maybe we could mention the IRC chat anyway, just to have more than one option? I've seen the irc bots in action and they're vry effective with keeping spammers out. It would make it easier than having to pm a password to everyone.

12. CodyLeash

CodyLeash New Member

That would make it a bit more inconvenient an a bit more work load for you guys I think, as opposed to intergrating IRC into the forum and adding idle bots in to take care of spamming?
    IF there are any, bots I mean, theres very little spamming I've seen in my own and also any others I've been on.
    Especially one I frequent thats very popular, with the host being on youtube as well lol :)

An lol MinXy, got that in before I did eh? >.>

13. MinXy

MinXy New Member

Lol, yep I did XDD I love you ^^

14. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

while I'm not openly opposed to an IRC, I do think it could deminish the posting quality of useful information. most newcomers here tend to lurk a bit, and we encourage them to do so, as that way they may not ask questions that have already been answered in other posts. the issue with an IRC is that if people ask questions and have them answered, then there would be no post for others to read.
    I'm inclined to say that is not such a good idea when the site is about learning from others experiences moreso then idle chit chat.

15. master jey

master jey Moderator

Agree with sparrow
    and agree with OLP we need to create a chat room for members only and keep the pass to ourself