Carrie's Story...

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Martello, May 27, 2010.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    Has anyone read this book?

2. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

Click here for more.
    I actually started reading it but I never quite got around to finishing it.. Which is unusual for me since I read quite a lot, and love it.. I just wasn't into it - it was almost a little too bizarre for me I think :) If you are into like pony play type of thing and a serious slave/master thing then Im sure you might enjoy it.. It was just not what I liked personally - but that is not because it is badly written or anything! Quite well written (also the erotic passages are very well written) compared to other erotic novels I have read, and also funny in some places - she is very ironic some places :) But yea, if you like pony play and some serious dominance/submission and role play type of stuff you should definetely read it! But be prepared - just as you are thinking, "ok it cant possibly get any wilder", she turns it up a notch.
    It was quite an experience and kind of interesting for me to read about some of those things because I just had never imagined that by myself:eek: - and Im usually one with a vivid imagination ;). There are slave auctions and the whole pony thing is like real business - not just her wearing a tail.. They have her live in a stable, eat pony food, wear all the equipment, hook her up with a carriage and shit.. As for me, personally im more into a slightly more romantic side of BDSM :cool:. This is pure "business" a lot of the time :p
    (but I dont know if it develops to become a little more romantic..)
    If you like anal sex I think I remember reading quite a lot about that too..

3. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    Well, if I hadn't read it already - which i have, you'd have just spoiled important parts of the book lol.
    However, I thought the book was written horribly and it wasn't much more then pure fluff. I would only suggest reading it because of the life style most of us are involved with, I just wouldn't think many would really enjoy it. But you're right about it being somewhat interesting. There were points in the book where people would have gotten a sever beating for some of the crap that goes it, if it were my sub. But what totally killed this book for me was the friggen ending. I would say, leave it alone and consider it a finished read. It's totally not worth taking it to the end at all.

4. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

Click here for more.
    Sorry, I should have thought about that :) Good thing you had actually read it! But yes, I believe I actually threw it out.. :S Definetely wont be finishing it.. Funny though, cause when I bought it I read many good reviews, so I was surprised that I didnt even care to finish, especially since that is not like me. But I guess I was also coming directly from Story of O and I liked that one, so this was just sort of an anti-climax..

5. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

Click here for more.
    But just curious - how does it actually end?

6. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    Sent it as a PM so as to not ruin it for anyone else who might be interested.

7. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Click here for more.
    Speaking of bondage novels, if anyone is looking for gay bondage, the absolute must-read classic is Mr Benson. Fairly well-written as erotica goes, a good tour of most of the major elements of leather play as it existed in the 1970s, written by a man who was deeply into the scene as a dom. It actually shaped the way the leather community worked for a generation, by establishing the image of Mr Benson as the perfect leather daddy. It was my introduction to the whole idea of leather play, almost 20 years ago. I enjoyed it, but somehow never made the connection that I might actually want to do any of that stuff.

8. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    Sebastian, I had come across BDSM as a young kid. Same here; I hadn't realized what I was looking at would be my sexual future. I was more thinking at the time "how do they agree to get women to do this" which now i think was a pretty damn funny thought at this point in my life.

9. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

Click here for more.
    Has anyone read The Story of O? I bought it and I really didn't make it through much of it at all. I just, wasn't interested in it I guess. It didn't pique my interest. I think it was the way it was written.

Any one know any good books for a slave? I also love to read.

10. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    I was about to order it, until you said that lol

11. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

Click here for more.
    You may like it. =) It just confused me a bit. I'll find it later and type out an excerpt to show you what I meant.

12. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    ko cool, pm it though so no spoilage

13. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

Click here for more.
    K. I will send it as soon as I find my book. We just moved and aren't completely unpacked yet. ^_^

14. Martello

Martello Member

Click here for more.
    Man, I HATE that! last time i had moved I just lived out of the boxes until everything had been removed. Anything that had stayed in the boxes for 8 or 9 months were clearly something I didn't need and was tossed. Take all the time in the world.

15. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

Click here for more.
    I have read S of O. I will try not to spoil it for you this time :) I liked it. Considering the time it is written and all (it is from 1954 so ofc. the language is not downright contemporary but I found it ok).. Ofc it is also a classic when looking at erotic novels. It is erotic, and seeing as it is about dominance/submission obviously there is domination (which is ofc. why I read it :D).. But it is never in an obscene/misunderstood way.. I have read some books and just thought, "what a fucking asshole". Which kills it, I mean, then it is more like abuse.. S of O is not like that. If you understand what I mean? Another nice thing is that you follow her from the beginning..
    However, I may have liked it, but I have heard from other people that they just werent feeling it either, like Sate_Sprie..

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM