Carrie's Story...

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Martello, May 27, 2010.

1. Martello

Martello Member

Has anyone read this book?

2. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

I actually started reading it but I never quite got around to finishing it.. Which is unusual for me since I read quite a lot, and love it.. I just wasn't into it - it was almost a little too bizarre for me I think :) If you are into like pony play type of thing and a serious slave/master thing then Im sure you might enjoy it.. It was just not what I liked personally - but that is not because it is badly written or anything! Quite well written (also the erotic passages are very well written) compared to other erotic novels I have read, and also funny in some places - she is very ironic some places :) But yea, if you like pony play and some serious dominance/submission and role play type of stuff you should definetely read it! But be prepared - just as you are thinking, "ok it cant possibly get any wilder", she turns it up a notch.
    It was quite an experience and kind of interesting for me to read about some of those things because I just had never imagined that by myself:eek: - and Im usually one with a vivid imagination ;). There are slave auctions and the whole pony thing is like real business - not just her wearing a tail.. They have her live in a stable, eat pony food, wear all the equipment, hook her up with a carriage and shit.. As for me, personally im more into a slightly more romantic side of BDSM :cool:. This is pure "business" a lot of the time :p
    (but I dont know if it develops to become a little more romantic..)
    If you like anal sex I think I remember reading quite a lot about that too..

3. Martello

Martello Member

Well, if I hadn't read it already - which i have, you'd have just spoiled important parts of the book lol.
    However, I thought the book was written horribly and it wasn't much more then pure fluff. I would only suggest reading it because of the life style most of us are involved with, I just wouldn't think many would really enjoy it. But you're right about it being somewhat interesting. There were points in the book where people would have gotten a sever beating for some of the crap that goes it, if it were my sub. But what totally killed this book for me was the friggen ending. I would say, leave it alone and consider it a finished read. It's totally not worth taking it to the end at all.

4. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

Sorry, I should have thought about that :) Good thing you had actually read it! But yes, I believe I actually threw it out.. :S Definetely wont be finishing it.. Funny though, cause when I bought it I read many good reviews, so I was surprised that I didnt even care to finish, especially since that is not like me. But I guess I was also coming directly from Story of O and I liked that one, so this was just sort of an anti-climax..

5. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

But just curious - how does it actually end?

6. Martello

Martello Member

Sent it as a PM so as to not ruin it for anyone else who might be interested.

7. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Speaking of bondage novels, if anyone is looking for gay bondage, the absolute must-read classic is Mr Benson. Fairly well-written as erotica goes, a good tour of most of the major elements of leather play as it existed in the 1970s, written by a man who was deeply into the scene as a dom. It actually shaped the way the leather community worked for a generation, by establishing the image of Mr Benson as the perfect leather daddy. It was my introduction to the whole idea of leather play, almost 20 years ago. I enjoyed it, but somehow never made the connection that I might actually want to do any of that stuff.

8. Martello

Martello Member

Sebastian, I had come across BDSM as a young kid. Same here; I hadn't realized what I was looking at would be my sexual future. I was more thinking at the time "how do they agree to get women to do this" which now i think was a pretty damn funny thought at this point in my life.

9. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

Has anyone read The Story of O? I bought it and I really didn't make it through much of it at all. I just, wasn't interested in it I guess. It didn't pique my interest. I think it was the way it was written.

Any one know any good books for a slave? I also love to read.

10. Martello

Martello Member

I was about to order it, until you said that lol

11. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

You may like it. =) It just confused me a bit. I'll find it later and type out an excerpt to show you what I meant.

12. Martello

Martello Member

ko cool, pm it though so no spoilage

13. Sate_Sprie

Sate_Sprie Member

K. I will send it as soon as I find my book. We just moved and aren't completely unpacked yet. ^_^

14. Martello

Martello Member

Man, I HATE that! last time i had moved I just lived out of the boxes until everything had been removed. Anything that had stayed in the boxes for 8 or 9 months were clearly something I didn't need and was tossed. Take all the time in the world.

15. SubAnna

SubAnna Member

I have read S of O. I will try not to spoil it for you this time :) I liked it. Considering the time it is written and all (it is from 1954 so ofc. the language is not downright contemporary but I found it ok).. Ofc it is also a classic when looking at erotic novels. It is erotic, and seeing as it is about dominance/submission obviously there is domination (which is ofc. why I read it :D).. But it is never in an obscene/misunderstood way.. I have read some books and just thought, "what a fucking asshole". Which kills it, I mean, then it is more like abuse.. S of O is not like that. If you understand what I mean? Another nice thing is that you follow her from the beginning..
    However, I may have liked it, but I have heard from other people that they just werent feeling it either, like Sate_Sprie..