Buying toys

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by cimber, Jul 13, 2012.

1. cimber

cimber New Member

What website for US residents is the best/cheapest for kink items?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Best and cheapest are polar opposites in BDSM toys. You do NOT want cheap sex toys. They break at unfortunate times and injure subs. Go for quality toys that will last a long time. They are usually worth the investment.

3. SoftCouple

SoftCouple New Member

You will find it better to go in person so you can get a feel of the quality.

4. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Although sebastian's right, I'll offer one thing. Rubber toys are often cheaper than leather and similar in quality (though not feel). They aren't all the time, but high-quality non-leather is still much less expensive than high-quality leather.

I'm not in the states and don't use online suppliers, but I echo that going in person will probably work better. Also, Amazon US carries sex toys and bondage gear.

5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

That's very true, Smallest. Decent leather clothing routinely runs into the $300-$400 dollar range, while rubber rarely gets that high. But it all depends on your kinks. Rubber does nothing for me at all--I think it often looks ugly, looks baggy, and is very unflattering unless you have a great body. Plus it gets very sticky when worn. I've never found anything even remotely erotic about rubber. So for me, rubber isn't even a cheaper substitute for leather. It's something I'll probably never purchase at all.

6. jackk frost

jackk frost New Member

I think the OP ment the best place to get the same toys cheap.

I buy from eden fantasies and extreme restraints and have been happy with both.

7. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Sebastian- I've never worn rubber, I was thinking more of toys than costumes. Rubber whips, floggers, cuffs, etc.

8. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Ok, fair point. But rubber floggers aren't simply cheaper versions of leather ones. They actually impact differently.

9. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I know we're totally derailing, but that's what I meant by the feel being different. Still, the price is right on it.

10. MastersLil1

MastersLil1 New Member

Im from the UK... is rubber and PVC the same thing? Although i have a lot of leather.. I have got a few PVC bits and although cheaper I do agree that they can work just aswell... I do not like plastics or rubber although they are better for cleaning!....

11. Tallest

Tallest New Member

Rubber and PVC are different chemically, PVC is polyvinyl chloride and rubber is rubber. Rubber will have more stretch, which is part of why it can look baggy, where PVC is a lot more similar to leather in feel and stretch, if I remember right. Either way, they are different substances.

12. MastersLil1

MastersLil1 New Member

gotcha!... I just knew there was another alternative to leather that wasn-t as cheap as rubber!... I normally shop about before buying toys anyways!.. some places will have sales on and you could up spending double if its on sale somewhere else!..