branding

Discussion in 'Safety aspects of BDSM' started by fluttershy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ladygenuine

Ladygenuine New Member

No no, not in the way at all... A well placed clit ring is wonderful. But do have it done by a professional. That is not a place one would want to lose feeling.

2. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Tattoos have the advantage that they can be removed (although it's expensive) or colored over and turned into something else.

Some kink seems to be hardwired, while other kink is software. I don't have anywhere near the stripper fetish I used to have years ago. And people occasionally get burned out on it and want to take time off from it. Having kids can really complicate kink so many couples put it on the shelf for a while. And couples can develop incompatible kinks. What if he develops a really strong interest in something extreme like scat and you don't?

Having said all of that, kink, when it's done right, can be very strengthening to a relationship. It can teach communication skills. A lot of vanilla relationships fall apart because of unspoken power struggles, and kink makes power exchange explicit, which allows the power issues to be discussed and negotiated. Kinksters are generally willing to explore their partner's sexual desires, which generally produces higher relationship satisfaction. So a kinky relationship at your age might be a little more likely to succeed than a vanilla relationship (just at a guess--I doubt there's any research on this). So take the doom-saying with a grain of salt. We just want to make sure you two are being realistic about your relationship--most young people aren't.

3. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Also, regarding piercings- I have no idea what you already have, but let's assume you have just "normal" ear piercings. You could get a high cartilage piercing with a special piece of jewellery. Out of the way, won't effect a job, heals over, and if you're worried about a clit piercing being bad for sex, it won't.

And what sebby said about tattoos. So much easier to deal with than scars.

4. fluttershy

fluttershy Member

i havnt even got my ears pierced lol. im a wimp when it comes to piercing. also cause other than a owernship mark we both like to be fairly naterral. tho some form of pericing may ba a good idea. how much does it hurt? the clit idea concerns my master so dont think we will be doing that. but in other places does it hurt a whole lot? @subastion i do think ur right about better comunication and better relationship in general. i had alot of issues iinolving beging scared of people particularly men. but supirily giving control to my master helps us not have to deal with that. it feels so much better to not have to be in charge of life.

5. Ladygenuine

Ladygenuine New Member

Afraid of a piercing but considering branding?!? I have been branded, very small mind you, and it hurts like a mother! Any kind of piercing hurts for like a second unless it gets infected. Nipples and clit actually feel kind of nice. Tattoos hurt at first then it's like a deep massage. That's just my pain reaction mind you, it may not be typical, but personally I find that particular pain orgasmic. Tattooing that is, and to a lesser extent piercing.
    Anyway if your shying away from getting your ears pierced branding is much much more painful. And the risk of infection is astronomically higher.

6. fluttershy

fluttershy Member

my master has said he dosnt like percing as much so were thinking a tatto at some point. for now my master likes me to have hair down there but iv taken to shaving it into a heart. so maybe that can count. how long did the brand hurt after u got it?

7. pepeluism

pepeluism Member

I'm all for being safe, but sometimes I feel like some tend to exaggerate. My experience: I was young, dumb and wild and let a mistress brand me with a hot iron in the skin right above my genitals and on my ass (it was just a random cattle iron she found somewhere) . The marks are around 2 iches or so. It did hurt a lot, but didn't take rocket science to take care of it and help it heal. The marks are there after all these years and very obvious. I haven't seen that lady for over 10 years, but I don't feel like an idiot. It's part of who I am and I tell anyone who asks how I got them. Some people feel I'm dumb, some feel I am commited to the lifestyle.

My advise, think about how important this is for you and forget about the future. If you really want to do it, you should be OK in the long term.

8. EG1984

EG1984 New Member

If you absolutely have to brand or be branded, for the love of humanity, please do it with a tattoo - and only in a clean professional place. I beg you, yes BEG, do not go near a hot brand! No matter how many people tell you they did it and it was no problem, no matter how careful and clean you think you can be, the health risks are just not worth it! If a day comes that you regret it, a tattoo is a lot easier to change or remove.

9. ForcebiCuck40

ForcebiCuck40 New Member

Very interesting discussion about something that I have only seen done once, in a video, and it was a hot branding.

As much as I would fantasize about it, I do not think that I could ever go through with it now, no matter how gorgeous my Domme is/may be.

10. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Branding is very extreme play, and definitely not for most people. If you want to do branding, you need to do a LOT of research about how to do it safely, how to avoid complications, and how to do it in a way that it will look good, and not just fade into a lump of scar tissue. You probably need to find a skilled practitioner who has done it before.