Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I haven't talked to them for ages; they don't exist to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Umm....they died

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

kittengrey

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

So, yesterday was my birthday, and I'm not really on good terms with my parents. We don't talk at all, since I refuse to call them and vice-versa. I get a cheap card from my step-mother saying "Happy Birthday from those who know you, and like you anyway!". Yeah, I know it could be taken two different ways, but I know that my step-mother is a backstabbing bitch and meant it to be offenseive. So, that put me in a really really bad moodyesterday. I'm sending them a beautiful thank you card though to make her feel like crap, and I called my father this morning since he left a message on the answering machine for me while I was at work. I was civil, even though my nerves were frayed for a good 10 minutesd afterwards.

Anyone else have parent problems?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Stargazer

I don;t have anything thawt compares to that, but I wouldn;t say I have it aprticularly easy.

My mother is a disgustingly over-bearing, domineering, stubborn, know-it-all, no opinion other than her own counts, lazy, two-faced demon. Not a person you can sit down and talk to because she already knows everything you need to go and do to solve a situation before she's heard any facts. Never a pleasant atmosphere.

My father is a good guy, means well, heart in the right place. But he's awkward to talk to, an alcoholic who's never more than a vodka bottle away from dying with liver failure and is totally incapable of learning even the most basic of tasks because he's already decided long before you star talking that it's beyond him.

I really hope I was adopted and that my real parents, funny, articulate, sypathetic and understanding, I really hope they're out there somewhere looking for me.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

subspace

I am probably the oddball. I get along great with my parents. It gets a bit harder as they get older but they really are great. It is amazing too considering my mom is uber Catholic and my father is a retired Army Colonel. They really are just funny easy going people that helped me find my own happiness. I will say that I appreciate them more now that I am a mom, it puts an entire different perspective on the relationship.
Ya know whats crazier? I love my Mother-in-law! I attribute all this to me just being so amazing and great that people cant help but be the same way when they are around me! ;)

kittengrey - HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

GreyMac

Happy birthday, random Kitty-G!! :p

Classic love/hate thing with my dad. Learned a lot from him, though. A good bit of it was how NOT to handle things. Still, a lesson is a lesson as long as you get something useful out of it....

"but the Dali Lama says when I die, I'll acheive total enlightenment, so I got that going for me." ~Bill Murray, Caddy Shack

Fileboom Premium Account