BDSM Support Group

Smallest

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

So I'm assuming the general consensus is that SMPlace is good enough for advice. LOL. *ahem* I should probably reassure the mods that I'm NOT a member stealer before I get kicked out. LOL. I'm not, and I'm pretty loyal to the forums I actually like. Therefore, I will direct any poor, lost, kinky souls I meet to SMPlace:)

I don't think there's really such a thing as member jacking from here, especially since Yahoo Groups is a lot different.

But I was about to advise your concluding sentence, so yay.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Smallest, some forums are REALLY protective of people stealing their members, and they will actually kick you out for even posting a link to another forum. I've been kicked out of one for SUGGESTING another forum to people... But that wasn't a BDSM forum. Most BDSM ones I've been on just don't have many members at all, nonetheless ones that will answer any questions!

And I'm highly into giving back, so yeah, I'm awesome like that:)

Uh, but perhaps there should be a "share your sad stories and personal problems" section that's just for the "Oh, you poor thing!" type support? Or just a personal experience sharing section in general, so people can share the good and the bad... Just a suggestion, and I suppose you can already do that in the general BDSM discussion section... I know I'm going to post about my next hotel room stay in a few weeks:)

So yeah... I suppose we will just let this thread die now...

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Zandar

Something tells me I am going to post what basicly others have already said, but for some reason I feel the urge to do so anyway. I blame the current fog in my head.
So I was wondering if I started an onli.e BDSM support group specifically for support and advice, would anyone be interested in joining? (Possibly on Yahoo Groups- i'll figure it out later.)
Not wanting to offend you, but I think the best argument against this idea was written by yourself:
I think there's a lot of BDSM forums out there, and a lot of fave-to-face support groups

In reply to this statement:
no online groups specifically for advixe and support.
Check out this website. I think they cover that.
They even got...
some experienced members to do the advice giving
... and sections for...
general BDSM advice, safety/equipment advice, relationship advice and moral support

I think the difference between a forum and a group is mainly a definition / personal point of view thingie.

Doesnt Yahoo kinda screw up the privacy which you can have outside their structure? I mean, dont you use the same account for different groups and in that way people can trace you to other interest or people you know might figure out you "omg you are part of that group" which kinda ruince the chance on support?
I mean, I have been here for 2 years and nobody has even the smallest clue while on other systems my friends and family even automaticly get updated when I join something.

In reaction to this:
My thinking is that some people have had bad experiences in the past with asking questions or talking about their personal problems on forums, and therefore they are timid to post in a general forum. If there's a forum out there that's ONLY dedicated to asking questions and talking about your problems, then said group of people would be more comfortable... That and I'm a HUGE fan of support groups.
I can understand your point. It happens. But the good thing is: Those places that give bad experiences eventually die. That crap happend a lot when making a forum was the new hype. Today you google your topic, check if the forum has been running for a few years and dump your question / problem / whatever.

Long story short:
Unless you plan to start a new site in your not-english native language for a group of people that has a hard time understanding english and are willing to bring a lot of money for advertisement, dont bother.

Re-reading what I wrote and what others wrote I indeed get they idea I aint adding much, but meh Im posting it anyway.

Fileboom Premium Account