Bad Ass subs?

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by subspace, May 26, 2009.

1. subspace

subspace Member

*Applause* subspace got a great promotion at work today! It got me thinking though because I find it strange that I have a reputation at work for being able to handle tough cases and when our clients are being difficult and won’t follow our guidelines they always get sent me to get them into line. Any other subbies out there that are badasses at work? I think it makes me a better sub b/c I am so happy to come home at the end of the day and be done with ordering people around. Is this strange or pretty typical of subs? I say I live the life 24/7 but I think this means that I don't.

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium
  2. Nyx

Nyx Member

I'm a badass at work in certain situations. I work with animals so when the situation requires me to be large and in charge, or fight for something an animal needs, then I refuse to back down. Most of the time I'm pretty easygoing at work. So I'm not sure.

I think, though, that it's very true that just because someone is a sub doesn't mean they let people walk all over them or are submissive to everyone. You choose to give your submission to certain people, and there is release in that. Submitting to anyone and everyone would be unwise.

And congratulations on your promotion! :)

3. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

Actually, studies have shown that the majority of subs work in a high control job, and as such, turn to bdsm as a way of relieving themselves of the stress of having to be in control. They are oh so happy to hand total control over to someone else. Seems to me like you fit that status quo. Congrats!

EDIT
    : On a side note, this topic was so not what i was expecting by the title... :eek:

4. KinkyPink

KinkyPink Member

I guess you use your work as an outlet for a need to have control over people. I think being a sub is about self control. Or am I totally wrong?

5. KinkyPink

KinkyPink Member

Are there any studies about dommes and their jobs?

6. Master C

Master C Member

Well I know Prisy's job is high command, and even though she has been working there a shorter time than most, she got asked the other day to place the stock order, and she can work in each position there, so if anyone has a question, they go to her.

7. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

that's a good question, KinkyPink, and to answer it, yes there are. Most Dom/Dommes work middle management positions or their equivalent in their field. Furthermore, (and more interesting I believe) Most have received some form of higher education, typically in an engineering field.

Also, Most fetishists doth male and female, dom and sub, are attracted to art and architecture as a form thereof....

That's funny, that is nothing like what she told me... Guess its par for the course though.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  8. Master C

Master C Member

What has she told you?

9. Sashalust

Sashalust Member

She has stated before that she is unemployed so I find this new information hard to swallow.

Back on topic Congratulations Subapce! I'm glad that you are getting the credit you probably most certainly do deserve at work! :D

As for what Sparrow said it is true about Dom/Domme and our choice of work, I was a factory worker for sometime and actually did not have a lot of control over how things were done which annoyed me to no end. When the boss got injured and left me to fend for myself I took over and changed how things were run and it did satisfy my need to have control, though I was glad to hand it back over when my boss returned.

Also when I was in basic training I undermined my Dorm Chief with the other females mostly because I did not like how things were done, not because I actually wanted her position (though they ended up giving me the stupid position when she left despite my protest) :p

10. Master C

Master C Member

Really? Maybe she wanted to keep her part time job a secret. I guess I just let the cat out of the bag. She has been working with them for abour 4 months now.

EDIT: I am glad for all those that can have jobs, whether it be they like them or not. In our city, it is very hard to land a job,let alone keep one. I am one of the lucky few that has a job.

11. subspace

subspace Member

Always comforting to find out that I am normal, relatively speaking that is!
    The topic title - had to make you look!

12. Master C

Master C Member

Anyone in this lifestyle, myself included, tends to be strange. However if strange is me, and everyone else here, I guess we are "normal"

Subspace, mind if I PM you?

13. subspace

subspace Member

I really don't feel the need to control people, my job is in the social service vein and I end up getting the most difficult clients that need strict guidance. I sought out the job b/c it allowed me to help people in my community but has put me into a very authoritative and powerful position over them that I didn't originally expect.

As far as self control goes I feel I am lacking in that department as I tend to be impulsive and seek out stress relief in less than appropriate ways. I give the control to my Top. Does that make sense?

14. KinkyPink

KinkyPink Member

Yes it does.