Another example of BDSM gone awry

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by sebastian, Dec 29, 2010.

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM
  1. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

2. Gilgland

Gilgland New Member

Wow...I hate hearing about things like this, not only for the tragic outcome, but it also makes both gun owners and people who participate in BDSM play look foolish, and worse, dangerous. There is a huge responsibility in both firearm ownership and lifestyle play and MOST people in both of these groups take that responsibility very seriously but, unfortunately, it is the ones who don't that get the most attention and it reflects badly on said group as a whole.

3. Tumbl3

Tumbl3 Member

This is sad. :[ I hate reading things like this too, because then people get an incredibly WRONG impression of BDSM.

He was dumb, though, he should have made sure there were absolutely NO bullets, not even a clip, in the gun. Always check your equipment three times, especially when it's edge play.

4. sillylittlepet

sillylittlepet Active Member

oh my god that is incredibly sad

Yeah you'd think its a no brainer to check the gun before you point it at your wife's head and also to not pull the trigger AT ALL

5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Yeah. About the only good I see in this is, as I noted, that the author of the article doesn't seem to have connected it to bdsm. Similar incident happened in Maine last year; the dom in that case and another participant both got convicted of murder.

6. sillylittlepet

jesus christ

it almost makes you want to run a public discussion or a panel that says "wait! hey! we're actually normal people!"

7. Infinia

Infinia Member

wouldnt do much good if people don't want to hear it though.

alot of people get spooked by people just wearing black with images they are uncomfortable with. them actually listing and accepting people who are covered in bruises or carying a whip is something i don't see happening any time soon.

the police who arrived arrested with 1st degree murder but their boss who's more understanding says it's an accident aswel. all in the eye of the beholder as they say right

8. sillylittlepet

lol well I didnt mean have a public session but I think people are very interested in sex even if they pretend not to be

but like, I live on a college campus (being a college student and all) and I've been flirting with the idea of having a lecture on BDSM/safe sex.
    Obviously there are a lot of pros and cons with this terrible idea

9. Infinia

Infinia Member

uhm didnt really mean a pubic session just thats the visual most people get when you talk about it and while they're probably interested inside. alot of peoples upbringing is to supress that intrest wich pisses them off that they can't have it and in turn makes them have violent tendancies to those who do have it. jealousy is grand.

as for you doing a lecture on it i can see pro's and con's but don't see why not.
    depending on the class and the style you present the report in it can be a very good thing for others who have misconceptions or simply are ignorant of the lifestyle.

The biggest problem alot of cultures and groups have like bondage is that people don't understand i say if there's a possibly to spread knowledge it's a possibility to reduce hate and improve understanding.

10. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

BDSM is slowly getting wider acceptance socially. No one I've mentioned my interests to has been anything other than accepting of it, although one of my closest friends is very uncomfortable with the idea of 24/7. Of course, I've only told people I know generally accept me, but still I think it's progress.

11. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Silly: there are certainly speakers you could get to come in and give a talk. Are you part of a particular student group that might be able to apply for money from your student government?

12. sillylittlepet

I dont think mentioning you're into BDSM doesnt turn into some sort of social outcast/freakshow as it once could have

also you guys should get in the chat room with meeee

13. sillylittlepet

dang no!!
    I'm in the wymen's center (basically a feminist club) and Unisex (basically a LGBTQ club)

but I have thought of the possible connections

If I gave the talk myself (which could be really fun and I love giving talks) then it would take a ton of research and I'd have to do in a way that doesnt make me look like a slut or a self centered slut. I go to a liberal arts college though, so if I played my cards right there would be the possibility of good turn out

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  14. Infinia

Infinia Member

no most are more accepted now but never hurts and its a subject you know about lol

15. master jey

master jey Moderator

I feel sorry for this guy lost his wife and now going to jail but as I always said never point a gun at man no matter loaded or unloaded if you don't want to shoot

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM