A year of daring

Surreal

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

For anyone that has read my last topic, you know I'm an 18 year old that is finally free. I don't want to look back in a year and wonder why I didn't do anything that got my adrenaline up.
I want to challenge myself to do one daring, potentially stupid idea a day. I want to test my limits and find out who I am.
I've asked the same on various social networking sites, but I thought you guys might have some ideas. I'll record my expiriences here, if anyone wants to hear about em.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Surreal, I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, learning to be bold and ignore your fears can be a rich source of personal growth. On the other hand, doing stupid things can get you killed. Remember, the bdsm motto is "Safe, sane, and consensual". Being stupid can lead you to violate both the safe and sane principles. My rule is that fear is not a good reason to not do something. So if there's something I need or want to do, and the only reason I can see to not do it is that I'm afraid to do it, I do it. On the other hand, if I can see another reason to not do it (like it might get me killed), then I think about it whether I ought to do it.

So let me suggest a slightly different way of formulating your challenge. Do something each day that forces you out of your comfort zone in some way. This might mean talking to a stranger on a bus or taking a class you think might be too difficult or learning a new form of dance or pushing your limits in pain play or whatever. But look at the things that limit you and make you anxious and try to find ways to overcome them by doing things you might not do otherwise. But walking alone through a rough part of town is probably not the best way to achieve what you're aiming at.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

sillylittlepet

High five for us 18 year olds!!
Working hard to live the life we want, breaking free from the grasp of our parents and our limitations and our fears and our insecurities!

Buuut I'm gonna have to go with Sebastian on this one and say "leave the potentially stupid ideas at home, in box you'll never look at ever again."
Although who knows how you're defining stupid.
It could be like, going home with a dom you met online (stupid idea)
Or it could be like, eating a ton of frozen yogurt with all the delicious toppings (best idea but damaging to your wallet so I guess you could call it stupid)

Although honestly, we're children on the new millennium! We've had all this internet stranger danger stuff crammed so far down our throats since elementary school that anyone our age who doesnt know better is either deaf or illiterate.

Fileboom Premium Account

Surreal

Nah. So far my friends online have given me three challenges: play hockey, practice parkour or do the American ninja challenge. The hockey one made me laugh... because I haven't ice skated in YEARS. I may be hasty in my descisions, bit I like to think the I'm not rash. If the purpose of this year is two fold: Start working towards getting my degree and learn more about myself, it would be pointless to harm myself.
@Sebastian: I am very confident so talking to a random person wouldn't be too bad... but taking a math course... *shudder*
@Silly: Agreed! 18 is amazing. I will shove those ideas in a box. I don't intend on being the next evil kineval... only an more enlightened person than I am now.

Thanks guys [:

Fileboom Premium Account

Darktruth

Or it could be like, eating a ton of frozen yogurt with all the delicious toppings (best idea but damaging to your wallet so I guess you could call it stupid)

Okay, for what the fuck is frozen yogurt? :confused:

Surreal - This is going to be quite an adventure, I wish you luck. :D Down hill bike riding would be a good one along with canoeing and rock climbing. :D

I like hockey. :D My friend and I used to go down to his sister’s school to watch her and her friends play, it was great to watch 20 or so sixth form (16-17 years old) girls run about in their little short dresses all afternoon…it was lovely, the highlight of my day sometimes. :p :D I was the same age as them by the way. :D

Edit: rereading Surreal's post I see she was on about ice hockey rather than hockey (which is played by girls wearing tiny dresses/long tee-shirts).

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

sebastian